Left ear significantly softer than right ear...any fixes, or am I screwed?
Aug 8, 2014 at 12:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Xarmydis

New Head-Fier
I have the Westone W2's, and the left monitor is REALLY quiet compared to the right one. It sounds OK, but the sound comes out softer...any way to fix this, or am I just screwed?

Aug 8, 2014 at 12:54 AM Post #2 of 3
When I read your thread title, I thought it was your actual ear that was softer - the only thing I could think of to help was liquid nitrogen - that would harden up your left ear in a jiffy - just don't bump into anything or it will shatter.....
biggrin.gif

As for the W2 - if it isn't in warranty and it isn't the cable (doesn't sound like it) it is probably the BA driver - it could also be ear wax - maybe check the sound tube in the nozzle....

If all else fails, you can contact Westone and ask for OOW repair - they may offer a W20 at a discounted price...

Aug 8, 2014 at 1:06 AM Post #3 of 3
I just saw on their website they have a 2 year warranty...I sent them an email, I had no idea. I bought it in December 2012 ^__^ I'd love to get this repaired...it'd be a shame if they don't repair these anymore though. Might not even have any more since they're discontinued. It'd be a real shame if they had to...replace them with the new equivalents.

But seriously, I'd just love to have my W2's working again xD So thanks for the help! Imma send them off =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back