Left driver in dt770 pro 80ohm "Rattles"
Mar 19, 2010 at 8:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Rattle

500+ Head-Fier
I have had these for a while, got them next to new for a sweet deal, probably 2 years now of heavy gaming use and I go through times where I listen to alot of music also.

Recently they have developed a "rattle" coming from the left driver. How ironic yes?

I have changed ear pads before but I really don't want to pull these apart for obvious reasons, not really a headphone modder or fixer.

Is there anything that commonly causes this? what should I be looking for if i do take them apart?

I actually bought a pair of ATH AD700's because this bother me so much, I have tried tightening every screw I can see and still it makes this sound.

Mar 19, 2010 at 9:46 PM Post #2 of 9
search the forums, there are plenty of threads and posts about this.

It's usually hair or dust that has gotten on the black thin foam covering the driver, something on the white stuff around the driver, or the stuff that covers the driver, or something behind the driver.
Take the pads off
Pop off the black O ring
Clean the thin black foam cover
Take a can of compressed air and gently blow out the thin black foam cover, the driver and housing, and behind the driver.
Put it all back together and you should be good to go

Although sometimes the rattle resolves itself after a week or so. I had a rattle once that was some hair and another time I cleaned and the rattle was still there but after a week it went away.

Mar 19, 2010 at 11:49 PM Post #4 of 9
Ah the irony
tongue.gif

Mar 25, 2010 at 7:10 AM Post #7 of 9
Pull the pads off.

Dig a knife or something into the black ring carefully and pry it up.

You should be able to get all hairs on this headphone by just inspecting the black foam (unless you have very, very short hair).

Mine rattled on the left sign when I wasn't amping it.

Mar 25, 2010 at 6:58 PM Post #9 of 9
I had this rattle develop on my 770's, used to run them through a terretec sound card, I thought it was the intense use they got and gave them up for dead from my misuse, cranking them into distortion, however, at a later date, got a semi decent dedicated headphone amp, plugged them into this and the rattle disappeared. so if it's the same as my experience, Maybe it's what your driving them through?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back