Left Channel Going Out HD600s
Apr 20, 2002 at 5:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

session76

100+ Head-Fier
I recently swapped my stock cable for the cardas cable. Today I notced that if i turn my head the left channel cuts out. How do I fix this? I took out the cable and put it back in on that side, and so far the problem is gone. Is there a sceret to keep it from coming back?

Apr 20, 2002 at 5:46 PM Post #2 of 6
this is the famous intermittent connection problem. Most of the time it is fixed by simply reattaching the cable. If you have continued problems, contact sennheiser.

Apr 20, 2002 at 6:48 PM Post #3 of 6

As Jon wrote, this is a common HD580/600 problem. A quick and dirty temporary fix is to wedge the connector using a tapered plastic toothpick. After insuring a tight fit, the toothpick can be clipped off leaving just enough to grab with tweezers or needlenose. This temporary fix has lasted for years with a couple of 580s.

It ain't elegant, but it does work.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 22, 2002 at 3:13 AM Post #4 of 6
Thanks for the tips guys. Its a frustrating problem it still cuts out intermittently but stops when i unplug it and plug it back in. I bought this headphone from germany so its prob not covered by the warranty. I guess i'll have to try to live with the fixes. Very frustrating after all the $ I put into the system

Apr 22, 2002 at 4:48 AM Post #5 of 6
Maybe try a contact enhancer like Caig ProGold or a cheaper yet similar product from Radio Shack. I treat my Senn plugs when I have this problem and it takes care of it for a couple of months.

Apr 22, 2002 at 10:56 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by session76
Thanks for the tips guys. Its a frustrating problem it still cuts out intermittently but stops when i unplug it and plug it back in. I bought this headphone from germany so its prob not covered by the warranty. I guess i'll have to try to live with the fixes. Very frustrating after all the $ I put into the system

I bought mine in germany too(went last summer). I have the reciept and everything. I called sennheiser, said it was ok

Users who are viewing this thread

Back