Left 4 Dead Two
Nov 23, 2009 at 11:34 PM Post #16 of 23
Anyone know how buying a physical copy of the game works with steam? I know you get a CD-key and get to skip the download from steam, but does it become part of your steam account permanently like purchasing games through their store?

Nov 23, 2009 at 11:46 PM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone know how buying a physical copy of the game works with steam? I know you get a CD-key and get to skip the download from steam, but does it become part of your steam account permanently like purchasing games through their store?

I believe you've got it right. As you install it, it gets integrated with Steam.

Nov 24, 2009 at 3:41 AM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Anyone know how buying a physical copy of the game works with steam?

Yes.
wink.gif

Quote:

I know you get a CD-key and get to skip the download from steam, but does it become part of your steam account permanently like purchasing games through their store?

Yes.

You install from disc. Input CD key, sign on, number gets registered with Steam. From there, you can play it online as any other Steam game.

Nov 24, 2009 at 9:38 PM Post #21 of 23
Meh, I dont see the big deal. Was expecting something a little more different. Its more of the same. Kinda like upgraded in some ways I suppose. Shouldve been an add on at best. I'm not into the new game modes as much, so maybe theres value there for ppl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back