Led Zeppelin
Sep 15, 2016 at 12:41 PM Post #46 of 50
  to get this back OT, does anyone plan on the getting the new BBC releases due out Friday? I know this is a re-hash of older recordings but since I never heard those, I'm considering this. I can't get enough. Even when I'm not in the mood, just listening to a track pulls me back and then I'm down the rabbit hole listening to the outtakes from the last couple for re-mastered releases...

I'm interested!  2 more unheard versions of communication breakdown?  hell yeah. early zeppelin didn't have much material so they would goof around and improvise to stretch time, playing songs differently each night to amuse themselves and fit the night.

i think they were truly having fun at the high level of playing and performing happening. unlike the beatles, zep had proper PA's and rigs to convey their power.

damn, it says they also do an isley brothers cover on this new BBC release?  of course i'm there.  do you know if this ships in 24bit?

Sep 15, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #47 of 50
I was looking on Amazon, so I doubt it. Maybe HD Tracks will have as well, they would offer in hi-res.

I just checked and it is available through HD Tracks in 24/96

Sep 15, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #48 of 50
$44 for 33 tracks @ 24/96 from hdtracks.com - nice.  barely more expensive than the mp3.

3-CD from amazon - only $19!  wow that's cheap.

per actual data bitrate, let's see....

say 450mb total per cd/disc x 3 =  1.35Gb for $19. 

the hi-res 24/96 is about 650mb per 'disc' x 3 = 1.95Gb for $44.

those CD's are a good deal. i might wait and see if the hi-res price comes down a bit, but $1.33 per track for 24bit is not bad at all.

Sep 17, 2016 at 8:21 AM Post #49 of 50
And of course, they've got a deluxe version ready to relieve you of your wallet if you so choose:

http://www.elusivedisc.com/Led-Zeppelin-The-Complete-BBC-Sessions-Numbered-Limited-Edition-180g-5LP-3CD-Box-Set/productinfo/ATLLP94388/

Sep 17, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #50 of 50
I checked out all the Zeppelin box sets from my local library. They're huge and have lots of books and photos, but unless you're a well heeled hardcore fan I would pass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back