Led Zeppelin Reissues 4 and 5 out now!
Mar 13, 2014 at 9:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

Redcarmoose

Headphoneus Supremus
A special event for Zeppelin fans, extra tracks too!

[COLOR=FF00AA]http://www.ledzeppelin.com/buy/

[/COLOR]

The price? One hundred billion dollars!
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Mar 16, 2014 at 2:06 AM Post #3 of 27
  Nice! I'm wondering how they sound though. $46 per record on Amazon and it comes Jun 3. This would be a nice way to start the summer!

Well, there is a lot of wondering about how they sound. There is also a set of remasters that Jimmy Page stopped production of a couple years ago. We thought that it was because of this series. I heard only Houses Of The Holy and it was very different from the original.

I figure if it even comes close to the quality improvement work done to The Song Remains The Same, we should be doing good!

Mar 16, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #4 of 27
Can't wait!!!!

I'm a huge Zeppelin fan, but I don't listen to them as much as I'd like because their original CDs are so poorly mixed. I own every CD they've put out though, but have no issues whatsoever to re-buy their catalog!

Mar 16, 2014 at 10:17 PM Post #5 of 27
  Can't wait!!!!

I'm a huge Zeppelin fan, but I don't listen to them as much as I'd like because their original CDs are so poorly mixed. I own every CD they've put out though, but have no issues whatsoever to re-buy their catalog!

That's the key!!!

As great as the music is, they are all poorly mixed. 

The stereo masters aren't that great. However, the individual work parts have the full dynamic range intact. It's seriously like night and day.

We need all of the albums completely remixed in a conservative way along with some good mastering in high-rez.

Mar 16, 2014 at 10:20 PM Post #6 of 27
Can't wait!!!!

My listening experience has always been improving from a cassette tape in 73 till hearing album number one on my speaker set-up in 03 30 years later. I will never forget being able to here the telecaster in detail the first time.

Mar 16, 2014 at 10:43 PM Post #7 of 27
  Can't wait!!!!

Glad to hear I'm not the only one to feel this way. I've owned the first three albums since they came out in various formats but the CDs were so wretched that besides shelling out for the remasters some time back which were equally awful, I haven't given them much ear time.

Mar 17, 2014 at 12:57 AM Post #8 of 27
The Song Remains The Same sounds great.

Mar 18, 2014 at 1:41 AM Post #10 of 27
Their live albums do sound quite a bit better than their studio ones. How the West Was Won is a lot better too.

I'm talking about the first recent remaster done in 08 I think? If you get the 180 gram vinyl or the CD it ends up being very different from the original.

Mar 18, 2014 at 8:48 PM Post #11 of 27
I'm talking about the first recent remaster done in 08 I think? If you get the 180 gram vinyl or the CD it ends up being very different from the original.

I've got the 2007 CD version. Their newest one (Celebration Day) is a bit too compressed, but not bad.

Mar 19, 2014 at 12:37 AM Post #12 of 27
  I've got the 2007 CD version. Their newest one (Celebration Day) is a bit too compressed, but not bad.

Yes! 2007, amazing how many new songs on that.

Mar 20, 2014 at 5:38 AM Post #13 of 27
Hi Zep aficionados

What's your take on the boxed set they released some time ago with the crop circles on the cover?

Many of the cuts sounded better to me. I think it came out before the so-called loudness wars.

Thx

Jun 3, 2014 at 2:01 PM Post #14 of 27
Just got notification that the set is waiting at my house. Can't wait to get home and hear it...will post some reactions after I get settled in and do some listening.

Jun 3, 2014 at 4:51 PM Post #15 of 27
I am currently listing to the Hi Res version of I and it is amazing to my ears. I can only really appreciate it through my HF-2's at the moment. I've been listening to the Barry Diament masterings lately. I have to say, there might be a placebo affect going on here, but WOW! Babe and Dazed sound... can I say amazing again? Detail. Damn I wish I had a pair of T1's today

Users who are viewing this thread

Back