Led Zeppelin Box Set?
Aug 16, 2003 at 9:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Schizorabbit

Head-Fier
Does anyone here have the 10 Cd box set? I was just wondering how good the sound quality was? SOme box sets these days have really bad sound quality and I dont want to spend 100 bucks on a crappy sounding set.

Aug 16, 2003 at 3:33 PM Post #2 of 7
If you mean the box set containing all of Led Zeppelin's complete studio recordings, it's only worth buying for some of the bonus tracks that were never released on their individual albums. As great as Led Zeppelin was as a rock group, they've made some mediocre albums towards the end of their career as a group.

It's better to buy the albums on CD individually, particularly their albums up to Physical Grafitti.

Aug 16, 2003 at 3:38 PM Post #3 of 7
I received it as a gift and in what I have listened to the quality is as good as any of the separate releases. The extras are nice to have. If you really want to hear them at what I think was their best pick up How the West Was Won. When I listened to it memories of the live performances I heard flooded back.

Aug 16, 2003 at 3:44 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by Eagle_Driver
As great as Led Zeppelin was as a rock group, they've made some mediocre albums towards the end of their career as a group.

It's better to buy the albums on CD individually, particularly their albums up to Physical Grafitti.

They only made two more after the Physical and Coda after IMO they are not at the same level of the Led Zeppelin I or the (IV) but they can't be consider mediocre albums neither, at least I like them....don't be so hard with them, man.....
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Aug 17, 2003 at 8:24 PM Post #5 of 7
The sound quality is pretty good -- not as good as a Stereophile test CD
wink.gif
but the remastering is pretty good. If you like Zep I think it's a worthwhile purchase.

Aug 18, 2003 at 12:34 AM Post #6 of 7
i just bought the CSR this july and i have to say that i was somewhat disappointed in the quality of a few songs, but then, i am picky
frown.gif

i've only heard zep thru the radio and mp3s so... i not sure what to think.

does the remastering sound better than the other formats (cassettes, vinyl)?

Aug 19, 2003 at 4:28 AM Post #7 of 7
Am I the only one who was disappointed with the remastering job that Page himself did on these? He even erased the opening to one of the tracks ("Black Dog"? I forget which one...). I'm looking forward to these being remastered again. Would love to hear the care taken with, for example, the Peter Gabriel remasters, taken on these. (Although I do realize that these are a bit older.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back