LED-Fi
Dec 1, 2011 at 9:00 AM Post #4 of 12

Quote:
Wait. Why? And how? Did you change the cable or are you using the audio signal to power the LEDs?

Why?

Just look at them. They're for the gamer who wants all eyes on him (or her). Additionally, they have an optional remote that features strobe, pulse, and dim abilities for grabbing even more attention or for just showboating after pwning someone you're playing against at a LAN party.
How?
Can't tell......

Dec 1, 2011 at 6:00 PM Post #5 of 12

Quote:
Why?

Just look at them. They're for the gamer who wants all eyes on him (or her). Additionally, they have an optional remote that features strobe, pulse, and dim abilities for grabbing even more attention or for just showboating after pwning someone you're playing against at a LAN party.
How?
Can't tell......

I guess the answer to that first one should have been obvious :p
I've always been the kind of person who goes for strictly functional and not necessarily pretty, but yeah, it does look pretty good.
As to the how (which is the part i really wanted to know. Gah! Secrets!), i have a couple ideas of how you might have done it, anyway :)

Dec 1, 2011 at 7:01 PM Post #6 of 12

Quote:
I guess the answer to that first one should have been obvious :p
I've always been the kind of person who goes for strictly functional and not necessarily pretty, but yeah, it does look pretty good.
As to the how (which is the part i really wanted to know. Gah! Secrets!), i have a couple ideas of how you might have done it, anyway :)

here's a hint:

The LEDs I use are extremely bright. The headset's audio signal isn't strong enough to provide the 12 volts needed to power these LEDs. I could've used ultra low powered LEDs, but then, what's the point as they'd be so dim. I offer three different (external) 12 volt power source options. a 12 volt AC adaptor, or for mobility, two different battery pack types to choose from: (a single 12v rechargeable batterypack with beltclip which is the same size as a single AA battery) or (an 8AA batterypack with beltclip which is only 3"x2" in size and not heavy at all). All power source types are connected via quick disconnect plug and play connectors to the wires to the LED strips in the headset.

I also offer a wireless remote that features strobe, pulse, dim features for extreme 'in your face' showboating after you pwn someone at your next LAN party.

Dec 2, 2011 at 12:13 PM Post #8 of 12
I heard you like LEDs.

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/WehM3tZDsF4[/VIDEO]

Dec 2, 2011 at 1:18 PM Post #10 of 12
It is not my phone, but I have the same phone. Sharp SH-10C. It have tones of LED that have nearly all colours and patterns you can think of. It came in like this without need of modding.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/574833/keitai-fi-japanese-mobile-phones#post_7805663

Dec 2, 2011 at 1:42 PM Post #11 of 12

Quote:
It is not my phone, but I have the same phone. Sharp SH-10C. It have tones of LED that have nearly all colours and patterns you can think of. It came in like this without need of modding.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/574833/keitai-fi-japanese-mobile-phones#post_7805663

That's cool. Unfortunately, the Astro A40 gaming wireless headset doesn't come with LEDs built in, and there's no way to add LEDs that flash to the the audio sounds from the games. I could have chosen to mod them the cheap way by simply sticking button batteries and super low power/super dim tiny LEDs under the speaker tags, but they wouldn't have been bright at all. And since the Astro wireless headset requires you to be wired to the wireless beltclipped receiver, it isn't a problem for me to have my ultra bright 12 volt LEDs wired to a small batterypack on a belt clip.

Feb 16, 2012 at 2:56 AM Post #12 of 12
I like high output led flashights, mostly Cree powered, XR-E, XP-G XM-L, etc. The new Audi headlights are interesting as well (arrays of Phillips 1w's I believe).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back