Leather headband replacement for denon ah-d7000?
Apr 23, 2018 at 11:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Brando

500+ Head-Fier
sorry if this has been answered but i was wondering if there are any reputable places that offer high quality headband replacements for my ah-d7000's. the pleather is flaking off and if possible i'd love to replace it with genuine materials that will last a long time and not sacrifice comfort. the ear pads are easy enough to find but the band part is eluding me. if i have to replace it with the same thing then so be it but something more durable is preferred as long as it doesn't cost a fortune and look terrible. thanks for looking.

Oct 15, 2019 at 10:35 PM Post #3 of 9
Some time later, I know, but I have some AH-D7000 headphones, and the headband on them recently got very flaky. I bought a cheap supposed replacement on eBay, but it was no good: it was too small and obviously not the right thing.

So, I took a chance and (because I knew that Fostex made the AH-D7000 and because the headband on the TH-900 looked as if it was exactly the same as the one on the AH-D7000) ordered via SCV London a Fostex TH-900 replacement headband, which was then ordered by them from Fostex. The delay was, I was told, going to be of months, but it came in about 2 weeks and was precisely the right thing. It was expensive, but it has given my AH-D7000 headphones a new lease of life. Great!

Oct 15, 2019 at 10:40 PM Post #4 of 9
Some time later, I know, but I have some AH-D7000 headphones, and the headband on them recently got very flaky. I bought a cheap supposed replacement on eBay, but it was no good: it was too small and obviously not the right thing.

So, I took a chance and (because I knew that Fostex made the AH-D7000 and because the headband on the TH-900 looked as if it was exactly the same as the one on the AH-D7000) ordered via SCV London a Fostex TH-900 replacement headband, which was then ordered by them from Fostex. The delay was, I was told, going to be of months, but it came in about 2 weeks and was precisely the right thing. It was expensive, but it has given my AH-D7000 headphones a new lease of life. Great!
Pics bro!

Oct 15, 2019 at 11:12 PM Post #5 of 9

Attachments

• IMG_3070.jpg
    IMG_3070.jpg
    537.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 15, 2019 at 11:19 PM Post #8 of 9
Oct 15, 2019 at 11:23 PM Post #9 of 9
They are now about 10 years old, and with the new headband they feel as good as new. Reasonably solid, yes. They sound good with the right input too. The Fostex TH-900 was their replacement, after Denon stopped rebranding Fostex headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back