Least Isolating IEM?
Feb 10, 2010 at 8:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

joincoolkidclub

100+ Head-Fier
Before anyone jumps in with "An IEM is designed to isolate... blah blah blah"- I am very aware of what these 'plugs' were designed to do.

However, I personally prefer the ability to hear some ambient noise while walking around and was looking for something that might provide a minimal level of overall isolation.

From what I hear the Sennheiser buds might work (IE7/8)- can anyone dream up any other options?

Feb 10, 2010 at 8:18 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rip N' Burn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
JVC FX500. They can be described as an open iem.

Ah yes, the FX500 isolated relatively little too, however the IE8 still isolated less for me.

Feb 10, 2010 at 9:21 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by ksu06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah yes, the FX500 isolated relatively little too, however the IE8 still isolated less for me.

For me, the IE8 isolated better but that isn't saying much when both of them don't isolate very well at all.

Feb 10, 2010 at 9:25 PM Post #8 of 9
Personally I find Denon C551's isolation much worse than that of Senn IE8. Apart from some lousy Panasonics I once had a dubious pleasure to listen to these were the least isolating to my ears.

Feb 10, 2010 at 9:46 PM Post #9 of 9
Senn IE8 is indeed a good option. Or you can check out the new Blox TM5 earbuds. They don't isolate at all, but will give you hi-fi sound similar to IE8 for less money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back