Least isolating cans
Nov 15, 2004 at 4:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Angaria

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for some very non-isolating cans for the long drive (6hrs) to and from school. Not anticipating bumping into stuff or lots of honking, but I still want to hear what's going on. I'm tall and my CD-1700's won't fit... they're a bit to isolating anyway. I was thinking about the ksc75s. Is there anything better in terms of sound or lack of isolation around that price?

(w/ muvo2)

Thanks.

Nov 15, 2004 at 5:08 PM Post #2 of 11
I always hear everything around me with my Grado's

Nov 15, 2004 at 5:17 PM Post #3 of 11
the KSC would probobly be the best but there are some other good cans in that price or near it with a good open design. The labtech 840s are nice and open and sound just as good as the KSC and the Creative HQ-1300 same cans different look and brand. The nady HQ560 are really open also. Or the grados a bit more then the 75s but maybe a used set?

Nov 15, 2004 at 6:10 PM Post #5 of 11
honestly i'd just look into getting a servicable car stereo - no matter how open a can, a can is still a can and it's dangerous driving while listening to music being piped directly into your ears.

Nov 15, 2004 at 6:12 PM Post #6 of 11
just be careful -- in some states it's illegal to drive with headphones on. I got a ticket for this a few years ago.
wink.gif
lol

Nov 15, 2004 at 10:07 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
honestly i'd just look into getting a servicable car stereo - no matter how open a can, a can is still a can and it's dangerous driving while listening to music being piped directly into your ears.

It never ceases to amaze me how many people think there is something inherently more dangerous about headphones. Please explain what exactly is the difference between a pair of Grados and a car stereo when it comes to awareness of the surroundings?

jesse

Nov 15, 2004 at 11:15 PM Post #8 of 11
Hey all,

Thanks for all the responses... knew I could count on headfi.

But as far as the car stereo goes A. it sucks, B it's also broken, and C I can't afford to make it "serviceable."

Nov 16, 2004 at 12:17 AM Post #10 of 11
If you live in California, you can only where 1 headphone....

Anyway, wouldn't drive with headphones, because they would be distracting, also Grados are both not as comfortable as some headphones, and they have that "In your face" thing going on.

I'd also think they might get in the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back