Least goofy looking canalphones?
Apr 27, 2004 at 3:52 PM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
The E3c along with the EX71 definitely look like earphones. However someone might mistake you for an iPod user and you might get mugged or on the reverse side they might think you infinitely sad for using a PCDP with a pair of white earphones
evil_smiley.gif

I came across this very situation in where I was listening to the iMP-550 through the white iPod earphones. There was a bunch of guys who came into the train and sat diagonally opposite on the train. One of them said "Oh my god that's so sad... he's using the iPod earphones on a discman". One other guy asked why it was so sad and the guy explained that I wanted other people to think I had an iPod. They grinned. They stopped grinning however when I started comparing the iPod, and my next unearthing from my bag caused the first guy to declare "Oh my god, that's the new Mini! It's so small!" I left the train with quizzical looks boring into my back
very_evil_smiley.gif

Heh, I'm usually the one delivering those looks. I've come across 2 kids on my campus who have the Ipod + Bang and Olufsen ear buds. I HAD to give it to them, they said my Shure's were inferior
icon10.gif

Ignorance is bliss though!

Apr 27, 2004 at 4:15 PM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy
Lol, once at Subway the guy talked really slow and over pronounced each word when I had my E2's in, he thought they were hearing aids!

That's funny. That's what I thought would happen when I had the shure E5. I think that would be people's first guess with any headphone with customs molds.

Even though the etys look plain and boring, I don't think people will think you're wearing hearing aids.

Apr 28, 2004 at 12:00 AM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlowWorm
They're ALL goofy looking to me, but it's the SOUND that counts.
wink.gif

My fellow Pittsburgher hit the nail on the head
smily_headphones1.gif

"Hey, why does that kid have his hearing aid plugged into some altoids can!"

Apr 28, 2004 at 12:16 AM Post #20 of 21
having just done a review on the etys, i was stunned to say the least about the sheer lack of design or "pleasing" ergonomics (both in comfort and in appearance) of the er-4's in comparison to my shure e5's, i would say to you, based on this thread d3ft, skip the etys. wow oh wow, skip the etys.

i did have the e3's before i got the e5's. the e3's look alright, they still stick out of your ears quite a bit, but are not nearly as bad as the etys.

but if you really want the sweetest looking canalphones, the e5's are for you. they not only sound godly (as they should considering their price) but they also look so sweet. they are not noticeable to anybody looking at you straight on, since they sit flush inside your ears. the wires that wrap around your ears just compliment the sleekness of the e5's aesthetic offering. when i walk around and see people with full size headphone, i can't help but feel warm and fuzzy knowing i've got better sound and better style with my e5's.

lol...e5's look like hearing aids. hey - if people think i am hard of hearing, maybe they won't bother me when i am listening to my music. that's a good thing.

if you want great sound, and care about not only not looking goofy, but looking really cool, the e5's are without question, your canalphone.
vanity comes at a price, but the e5's are worth it.

let us know what you choose to buy.

Apr 28, 2004 at 12:44 AM Post #21 of 21
i would say the sharp hp-md33s, but unfortunately, they cant get a good fight against the big league in term of sound.

pic

also i vote the UE-10 as the goofiest canalphone, or out of all heaphones for that matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back