Leaning towards Jabra Elite Active 65t. Thoughts?
Jan 22, 2019 at 1:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Mr Glass

New Head-Fier
Attn Moderator: I have accidentally posted here and now also posted to Help & Recommendations. I do not see an option to delete, just edit (please pardon my n00bness). Please feel free to remove this duplicate post.

Hello,

My girlfriend and I am going on a trip later this week and will probably pick up the Jabra Elite Active 65t today from Best Buy. I like the waterproof aspect of the Elite Sport, but the negative reviews on Amazon seem much more plentiful.

I browsed through a few of the recommendations in other threads here about Sennheiser and some other options, but the Amazon negative reviews on call quality of those have pushed me towards the 65t, along with them being Wirecutter's recommendation in the True Wireless category.

Anyone have and like these? Any other top recommendations? She is definitely not an audiophile, but I'd like to get her something of good quality, performance, and comfort.

For comfort, my most used headphones are my Bose QC-35s, but I am evaluating the Bose SoundSport Free as I want something true wireless for when I am wearing sunglasses, but want to avoid buds that go all the way into my ear canal. Comfort on these is reasonable, but the really really high amount of pressure needed to actuate the buttons and the lack of stereo phone calls makes it very tough for me to justify keeping this past my upcoming return window at Target.

I also carry AirPods just about everywhere as a backup and really appreciate the case's tiny size, but even with the foam covers I have added (which do fit into the case), they always seem to make my ears hurt if used for longer than a few minutes.

I am eager to hear your thoughts and may end up picking up a pair of the Evolve 65t to test the sound quality (though I am still skeptical of wind-handling) if we go with the Elite Actives for her and I can tolerate the shape and fit.

Best Regards,
Glass

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back