Leaking iems..
Aug 6, 2023 at 9:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Budgetconstraint

New Head-Fier
I have a CCA CRA and KZ DQ6S, and both have been leaking glue from the seams.

Initially I thought the stickiness was due to sweat and hair wax from me.. but recently I became more attentive and realise the sticky stuff was there even without me using that particular set after cleaning ...

I found a couple of posts online about this phenomenon but not much in details.

Made me think twice again about getting cheap sets from CCA and KZ ...

Aug 6, 2023 at 10:03 PM Post #2 of 5
Yep, it's not great.

Aug 7, 2023 at 4:43 AM Post #4 of 5
I just can't understand how can the glue be in a liquid state .... if it's not glue, then i don't know what the heck is leaking out then... now i'm paranoid to even put them into my ears... not knowing if it's hazardous or not...

I got the DQ6S first and then the CRA a few months later... I noticed this on the CRA first and thought nothing of it until it got really irritating, so I switch back to the DQ6S(not that the CRA sounded better, but it's cheaper and I was using it on commute.. so I thought might as well use one that is cheaper and I won't feel the pain if it's damaged or lost. End up I had no chance to use the DQ6S until the glue issue bothered me on the CRA).

It is coming out from the seams on the CRA.. whereas on the DQ6S, it's just on one side, and at the small little mesh area at the tip of the IEM(i read that many said it's a fake vent or something)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back