Leaked: iPod Phone on the way.
Sep 1, 2005 at 3:10 PM Post #3 of 10
As one of the articles says, the iTunes phone was announced a year ago. I sincerely hope that Apple isn't going through all this crap, including bringing out their "1000 songs in your pocket" slogan again, just to "officially" announce a phone that talks to iTunes. Nobody gives a damn about the iTunes phone. A new iPod, on the other hand, would be big news.

Sep 1, 2005 at 5:03 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Now, you have a choice between talking to your spouse on the phone or listening to music,

For some people this isn't even a choice
biggrin.gif

Sep 2, 2005 at 12:30 AM Post #6 of 10
So a Shuffle isn't an iPod? Nor is the iPod minis or first two iPod generations?

Also if it's done right (though as much as I like Moto and Apple I have less faith in the partnership than if Apple did it alone) an iPod phone is a much bigger steps than say generations 2, 3, 4 (and maybe 5) of the iPod line. I've tried three different phones on Verizon and T-mobile and at least with those two carriers (plus been a previous Sprint and MetroPCS customer) no ones got the MP3 phone right yet (closest being a largish PDA phone without a real headphone jack). I'm all for combining a phone and MP3 player.

Sep 2, 2005 at 4:49 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx
So a Shuffle isn't an iPod?

IMVHO no. Anything with less than 5/4 GB is not satisfying the same needs that even the original 5GB iPod could fullfill. Namely the "carry all of your music with you, all the times".

I doubt that even a person with limited music tastes could fit in 1GB all of their music.

Leaving aside the display thing. Or lack of...
frown.gif

But again, that's just my very humble opinion.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 2, 2005 at 5:03 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by gorman
Namely the "carry all of your music with you, all the times".

If that's the test, I guess there has never been an "iPod" for many of us.
wink.gif
I went from a 20GB NJB to a first gen 5GB and lost 75% of my music carrying ability (though happy with the switch).

Besides iPod is a brand name. Apple and ol' Steve decides what it is. If anything many expected at the beginning for the iPod to be a computer Pod and more than just a MP3 player (after all iCal, iDVD, etc. are more specifically named). Although there's PDA functionality, until video, etc. comes around we may have not really seen the namesake come into fruition. So again have none of the iPods been "iPods"?

Sep 2, 2005 at 8:33 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by gorman
Namely the "carry all of your music with you, all the times".

The current 400GB hard drives are not large enough for my whole lossless collection. The 60GB iPod models can only carry a fraction of my collection even if i compress the music. Saying all that, I'm still happy to carry a small fraction of compressed music with me (5 GB). I find it more satisfying to carry a random sample of tunes, or a few of my favorite tunes with me. Lots of CDs contain too much filler material that I rather not carry with me.

As for the iPod name, as long as Apple calls it an iPod, it's an iPod. Go to their website and you'll see the iPod, iPod mini, iPod Shuffle, iPod U2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back