Leak prevention????
Oct 11, 2016 at 11:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

someone161718

New Head-Fier
Hi,
I'm new here so please tell me if I'm missing any info or made a mistake.
Recently someone bought me a pair of new headphones after they broke my previous ones. I really like the ones they bought, they're opendbacked, hi fi, they aren't top tier but they are still some of the best sound quality I've heard. But, they leak, a lot, I have to keep the volume on one at all times around people, even then if you are sitting just a few feet away you can probably hear it, unless I'm listening to somehithing really quiet. I have to use these everyday in class as music helps me focus, and I'm worried that it will disturb people around me if the room goes silent. Is there any DIY or really any way of modifying them so they don't leak that much, I love the sound quality I get but I'm willing to sacrifice a bit if I can make them a bit quieter, I really don't want to send them back as they are the best headphones I have had in awhile and can't afford to get myself new ones at the moment. Please help. Thank you!

Oct 12, 2016 at 12:13 AM Post #3 of 4

You might be thinking 'dont wanna look like an idiot' but the truth is; Bruce Wayne wanted to fight criminals of deadly abilities and it HAS to be in a batman suit.

You want sound quality and it HAS TO BE sound quality without leak.

Its elementry

Oct 12, 2016 at 7:04 AM Post #4 of 4
Hi,
I'm new here so please tell me if I'm missing any info or made a mistake.
Recently someone bought me a pair of new headphones after they broke my previous ones. I really like the ones they bought, they're opendbacked, hi fi, they aren't top tier but they are still some of the best sound quality I've heard. But, they leak, a lot, I have to keep the volume on one at all times around people, even then if you are sitting just a few feet away you can probably hear it, unless I'm listening to somehithing really quiet. I have to use these everyday in class as music helps me focus, and I'm worried that it will disturb people around me if the room goes silent. Is there any DIY or really any way of modifying them so they don't leak that much, I love the sound quality I get but I'm willing to sacrifice a bit if I can make them a bit quieter, I really don't want to send them back as they are the best headphones I have had in awhile and can't afford to get myself new ones at the moment. Please help. Thank you!

Sell the headphone and get an in-ear monitor. The only proper way to mod a headphone (and that's not to say you can guarantee that it won't change the sound, much less make sure it changes in ways that you like) will require tools that are waaaaaaaay more expensive than getting a new headphone or IEM, like woodworking tools to build new closed cups or even a 3D printer.

Apart from that, why would you even use open headphones around other people? Forget them hearing what you're listening to, you're hearing them along with what you're listening to. That's like buying a car with a nice sound system (aftermarket or not) then deliberately listening with the windows open. The IEM will be like getting stuck in traffic listening to music with the windows closed. The less you hear of the noise, the more you hear of the music, the lower decibels you'll need which means less risk of hearing damage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back