League of Legends?
Oct 8, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #32 of 71
Your best bet would be to Google. I know that's probably not what you want to hear, but there is a lot to cover and a lot of information from all sorts of different perspectives out there.

I'll try to give you a rough overview though. League of Legends is very much a PvP game. If your thing isn't PvP, then I would not venture any closer. However, if you like real competition from real players, then this game just might do the trick. It is similar to RTS play, so think of something like SC or WC, but it is 3v3 or 5v5 and you don't build anything.

You start off picking a champion. There's a lot of them: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/champions

From here, you have a tower defense type of game going on in the background and really at the very core of the game. In the map, you have lanes that your team's minions will travel up to destroy the enemy's towers and eventually their base. This is where your champion comes into play. The more enemy minions and enemy champions you kill, the more gold you get which lets you buy items (which essentially lets you be more effective). If you buy good items that fit your play style and champion, then you can do well and possibly win the game.

How do you win the game? By killing the enemy's nexus, which is just a fancy name for the enemy's main spawning structure/building. A few more things.. the game is super addicting and gets really intense fast. Also, achieving victory in this game is heavily reliant on your team. Sometimes your team sucks and sometimes it doesn't.

I could go on for a while, so instead, here are a few links if you're still interested..

Basic guide: http://www.team-dignitas.org/articles/blogs/League-of-Legends/1905/The-basics-of-Laning-and-Zoning/
More in depth: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/full-comprehensive-game-guide-to-summoners-rift-184314

Oct 8, 2012 at 5:04 PM Post #33 of 71
Oh and good luck. I started mid-summer and have ramped up pretty well, but the game can have a steep learning curve if you don't get more hands on help. If you plan to start the game fresh, maybe find someone you know already playing to help duo with you or at least have them give you some advice. You're gonna need it! :)

Oct 8, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #34 of 71
Quote:
Oh and good luck. I started mid-summer and have ramped up pretty well, but the game can have a steep learning curve if you don't get more hands on help. If you plan to start the game fresh, maybe find someone you know already playing to help duo with you or at least have them give you some advice. You're gonna need it! :)

Would you like to party wid me <3 and I learn pretty fast I played a good number of RTS games in my day, Age Of Empires was my bish for the LONGEST time [I was decent] but my best atribute or worst is I'm the jack of all trades guy so... I can do what ever my teams needs me >.< I'm good at SO MUCH and great at NOTHING xD so curse or blessing who knows! I'll dwnload it now and see how it goes

Oct 9, 2012 at 11:57 AM Post #36 of 71
Quote:
Anyone else watch Season 2 championships during the CLG vs WE match? Had to be the biggest disappointment I've seen in organizing.

I watched the third match.  Which I guess was the 4th match.  I thought CLG EU were deserving of the criticism they were getting, but ultimately, it looked like it was all going to pay off for them.  (The cheers for ward kills were hilarious, though.)

I'm not sure it's the fault lies in organizing.  In fact, I'm not sure where the fault lies.  It was a tragedy that the game crashed, and it's a tragedy they'll be replaying it.  They definitely need better redundancy/restore abilities, but this is really the first time (afaik) that something like this has come up.

Oct 10, 2012 at 2:03 PM Post #37 of 71
Quote:

I watched the third match.  Which I guess was the 4th match.  I thought CLG EU were deserving of the criticism they were getting, but ultimately, it looked like it was all going to pay off for them.  (The cheers for ward kills were hilarious, though.)

I'm not sure it's the fault lies in organizing.  In fact, I'm not sure where the fault lies.  It was a tragedy that the game crashed, and it's a tragedy they'll be replaying it.  They definitely need better redundancy/restore abilities, but this is really the first time (afaik) that something like this has come up.

Ouch that's bad a game crash during a torniment xD

Oct 10, 2012 at 8:19 PM Post #38 of 71
Quote:
Would you like to party wid me <3 and I learn pretty fast I played a good number of RTS games in my day, Age Of Empires was my bish for the LONGEST time [I was decent] but my best atribute or worst is I'm the jack of all trades guy so... I can do what ever my teams needs me >.< I'm good at SO MUCH and great at NOTHING xD so curse or blessing who knows! I'll dwnload it now and see how it goes

Probably not. I have a full class load for the semester and things are starting to get rough at school. When I hop onto League, it's usually quick and not for many games. I'd recommend just taking the dive and start playing. Be warned though, there's a lot of negativity in the game (teammates blaming, etc.), but try to not let it bother you. Just learn from you mistakes and be proactive about improving.

Anyone else watch Season 2 championships during the CLG vs WE match? Had to be the biggest disappointment I've seen in organizing.

Yep, I saw the whole shebang. It got pretty awful. I don't know why they didn't end it earlier. I'm looking forward to seeing how they adapt to the epic failure though.

Quote:

I don't know. CLG.EU was playing their game. I wouldn't want to tell anyone to not play their game if that's what they do (and particularly well, too). As for where the fault lies, I don't know either. Just make it better, Riot. Don't buy into all the fan negativity. Most of us still love you.

Oct 10, 2012 at 8:19 PM Post #39 of 71
Oct 11, 2012 at 8:47 AM Post #40 of 71
Quote:

I don't know. CLG.EU was playing their game. I wouldn't want to tell anyone to not play their game if that's what they do (and particularly well, too). As for where the fault lies, I don't know either

I can agree to that.  Still, it seemed like they were being needlessly cautious, and at the same time taking needless risks (pretty much any fight after the hour mark can be game-winning, regardless or how many turrets are still standing).  But yes, that is the way they play.

I did watch the rematch last night, seemed like more of the same.  The team fights, especially after 20 minutes, were horrendously bad for the losing team.  Their advantage was gone in a flash.

Somewhat suprising semi-final results, but only from the perspective that we never get to see those teams play.

Oct 11, 2012 at 2:27 PM Post #41 of 71
Quote:
I did watch the rematch last night, seemed like more of the same.  The team fights, especially after 20 minutes, were horrendously bad for the losing team.  Their advantage was gone in a flash.

really semi finals had a team that badly out matched

Oct 11, 2012 at 3:34 PM Post #42 of 71
Quote:
I can agree to that.  Still, it seemed like they were being needlessly cautious, and at the same time taking needless risks (pretty much any fight after the hour mark can be game-winning, regardless or how many turrets are still standing).  But yes, that is the way they play.

I agree. The game they drug out to a pulp was painful to watch.. but for 2 million dollars?
biggrin.gif

Quote:
really semi finals had a team that badly out matched

Really? I thought the semi-final games were awesome. The first game of each match was an outright annihilation followed by the losing team whipping out the ugly stick for revenge. Really looking forward to the finals this weekend. Korea vs. Taiwan!! TPA really deserved that advance on M5.

Oct 12, 2012 at 2:24 PM Post #44 of 71
Quote:
Which team?  M5 were considered one of the top teams in the word, and CLG-EU have a pretty long history of competing at the top level.

I mean just hearing how badly one of the teams did, shocked me

I didn't watch the matches so I'm just responding to what you guys have told me <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back