Leach Audio Amplifier
Aug 25, 2013 at 12:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

motorBoater

New Head-Fier
Hello All:

I am trying to get my hands on a Leach Audio Amp 4.5v. I want to either build or buy.  Does anyone have any printed circuit boards they'd be willing to sell or entire amps?

Thanks,
motorBoater

Aug 25, 2013 at 6:08 PM Post #2 of 3
Have you tried the delta audio website for parts. Its pretty ambitious  for a project . Big amp big wattage  big boards required . You are doing the right thing looking for boards because of the multiple output devices . This isn't an amp to be made on a breadboard as you would get HF oscillation right away. Its designed in 1976/8 by DR. Leach. featuring  an unusual cascode /differential input done differential input with  cascode as additional stage but not together. A lot of parts required although the output devices will be cheap as they are old type.The problem changing them for more up  to date ones is --unlike tubes where you can mostly get away with changing them with no major problems . "upgrading " output devices  especially  ones with more gain can effect the stability of the amp and it could oscillate blowing them.It wouldnt be so much of a problem with single output devices You would need to recalculate the value required  of the compensation capacitor.or just put in a large value and reduce it in stages watching on a scope.  Best of luck!

Feb 1, 2015 at 12:04 PM Post #3 of 3
  Hello All:

I am trying to get my hands on a Leach Audio Amp 4.5v. I want to either build or buy.  Does anyone have any printed circuit boards they'd be willing to sell or entire amps?

Thanks,
motorBoater

Did you succeed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back