le me Sennheiser HD800
Apr 11, 2012 at 9:40 AM Post #5 of 14

Quote:
What I'd like to know is how he got in the presumably locked outside door?

Well I took an artistic view for the comic, really the neighbour banged the door for a few minutes before I noticed and went to open the door.
I live in a small apartment so the noise does leak pretty well to the other dorms, and measuring my HD 800's from the furthest point from my room from the HD800's I still get 75 decibels.

I explained to the neighbour that I was listening to headphones and did not realize how much they leaked so she calmed down.

This was not because of 1 night... I like listening to my cans loud, pretty much every day... and night.

Quote:
Think the question is...even with HD800s...how the heck could he hear them?

Have you heard the HD800's before? I took them to school once (I study in fine arts), was listening to them at the basement floor and people from the 2nd floor came asking who is playing music... They are quite loud.
I wouldn't say that they leak sound. Since they don't block sound at all.

Apr 11, 2012 at 9:56 AM Post #6 of 14

They aren't a K1000. You've got to be listening way too loud.

Quote:
I assume that you haven't heard the HD800's before. I took them to school once (I study in fine arts), was listening to them at the basement floor and people from the 2nd floor came asking who is playing music... They are quite loud.

Apr 11, 2012 at 10:21 AM Post #10 of 14
I took off the O2's and pushed it to the limit, to the point where you feel them vibrating as you hold them. It's kind of like laptop speakers going on at full blast, I could see how it could be annoying if you had paper thin walls or something.

Way too loud dude, especially for all day listening.

My ears start to hurt at that point, and it's not like the extra volume lets me hear any moar detail because my ears are in "MAKE IT STOP" mode.

Apr 11, 2012 at 11:52 AM Post #11 of 14

Quote:
You have to have hearing damage or are making this up.

Okay, So I decided to make a video demonstrating my headphone volume...
I just had a medical exam, hearing included. According to the results my hearing is doing great (so far).

Quote:
I took off the O2's and pushed it to the limit, to the point where you feel them vibrating as you hold them. It's kind of like laptop speakers going on at full blast, I could see how it could be annoying if you had paper thin walls or something.

Way too loud dude, especially for all day listening.

My ears start to hurt at that point, and it's not like the extra volume lets me hear any moar detail because my ears are in "MAKE IT STOP" mode.

Yeah well... The HD800's are more like TV speakers.
I don't have a "make it stop" mode, but I do get ear fatigue, after which I usually take a few day break of not listening to anything at all.
My favorite listening zone (when I feel like I merge into another universe) is about 85% of the max volume. Which is still alot louder then laptop speakers, gives me alot of ear fatigue.

Apr 11, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #12 of 14
Nice speakers man..they leak like crazy. It remind me of grado's. 

Apr 11, 2012 at 6:30 PM Post #13 of 14
Quote:
measuring my HD 800's from the furthest point from my room from the HD800's I still get 75 decibels.

basshead.gif

Holy crap! That's 3 decibels louder than my preferred listening volume when measured inside the cups!

And I did listen to an HD800s for about half an hour at CanJam '10 while I was auditioning it next to the T1 - they do leak a lot, but they're no K1000s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back