LDM+ vs. PA2V2 for Low Ohm earphones (Sansa e200)...
Nov 26, 2006 at 8:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Dregur

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for a smallish portable amp to be used in conjunction with a Sansa E200 series player and Audio Technica Ck-7 (16 ohm) earphones. I also would occasionally use a pair of KSC-75's on the player as well.

I've read through the entire LDM+ thread and I'm still wondering if the LDM+ would be the best choice. The thread sort of went back and forth on both the sound (It being cold/neutral, to brighting the entire spectrum), and the usefulness of the amp with low ohm headphones.

I know that the CK-7's are pretty neutral themselves already, would the LDM+ be the best choice for an amp? Or should I go with the warmer sounding PA2V2?

-The Grinman
biggrin.gif

Nov 26, 2006 at 3:30 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dregur /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm looking for a smallish portable amp to be used in conjunction with a Sansa E200 series player and Audio Technica Ck-7 (16 ohm) earphones. I also would occasionally use a pair of KSC-75's on the player as well.

The PA2V2 is very loud into a 32 ohm load so it may be too loud into a 16 ohm load. If you wanted to get one talk to the builder (Gary) first and he could discuss it with you and lower the gain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back