LDM+ vs. BASIC Go-Vibe5 for home and portable use
Nov 7, 2006 at 7:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Walie

500+ Head-Fier
hey guys, I'm planning on getting an amp to pair with an Alien DAC to make a budget microstack for use with my computer or for portable use with my ipod Video

So I was wondering which would be better, A Little Dot Micro+ or a BASIC Go-Vibe 5? By basic I mean that the Go-Vibe 5 will be powered by a normal Duracell 9V battery or a cheap NiMh 9V i can pick up at Best Buy. I don't have the funds to spend 40 dollars on either a rechargable 9.6V battery (+ charger) or for the 24V Elpac DC adaptor (and definitely not 80 bucks on both), plus i live in Canada, which makes it even more expensive to ship across the border. Oh yeah, I plan to get the low gain version of either amps

oh yeah, my current headphones are the new version of the UE super.fi 3 studios and a pair of recabled k81dj's. In the future I hope to upgrade to a pair of grado sr-225's and a higher end IEM (shure e4c or UE super.fi 5 pro)

so what do you guys think? your thoughts would be greatly appreciated

edit: one more question, how big is the go-vibe compared to the LDM+?

Nov 7, 2006 at 10:58 AM Post #2 of 2
I'm also looking for an amp to go with my k81dj and um1. Considering the xenos in addition to to those 2 you mentioned. Is the low-gain version really necessary?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back