LDII++ Input
Dec 8, 2006 at 7:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Jo6Pak

100+ Head-Fier
The only two sources I listen to are both digital. One is coaxial and the other optical. My amp DOES NOT output digital signals to the analog jacks. The LDII++ has RCA input jacks (analog). If I keep the volume LOW enuff, can I use the headphone out jack on my receiver (with an adapter) as the input to the LD? I am I totally off-base here? Sorry, I am new and somewhat ignorant of all this...THANKS!

Dec 8, 2006 at 7:20 PM Post #2 of 9
This would work ok, you would get the benefits of the extra driving power of the LD2++ but you would also get the poor quality effect from the headphone out. I use the M audio firewire solo (as i record music http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_u...Solo-main.html ) this has a digital line in, and i really rate the headphone out on this, in fact the bass is tighter than my ld2++ and doesnt have the harshness in the treble (although they are running from two different sources so it isnt the fairest test). Im no expert in dedicated headphone amps with digital inputs however, I just thought i would comment on this as i have it.

Dec 8, 2006 at 7:32 PM Post #3 of 9
Similarly. with the Little Dot Micro, it has as 3.5 mm input. So, is it MEANT to be used with the headphone out jack or is an adapter to RCA implied with that one?

Thanks again for any/all advice...

Dec 8, 2006 at 7:44 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo6Pak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Similarly. with the Little Dot Micro, it has as 3.5 mm input. So, is it MEANT to be used with the headphone out jack or is an adapter to RCA implied with that one?

Thanks again for any/all advice...

As the LDM+ is designed to be for portable use, i believe it is assumed that 3.5mm involves portable playing devices, ie mp3 player, laptop, etc. But as for LD2+ or ++ and even LDM+, the best is to use line-out, whether it is through RCA or a 3.5mm jack.

Dec 8, 2006 at 7:48 PM Post #6 of 9
You must be careful not to overload the inputs on the LD2++, as its only meant for line level, not a higher powered headphone load, but if you're careful not to turn the input signal up to high you may be ok.. Just wondering what are the two source's you have that only have the digital output??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back