LDII+ and AKG K340?
Oct 2, 2006 at 4:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

KT88

500+ Head-Fier
Hello,

I have the AKG K340 which I love, now I need to get an amp for 200$ (with shipping). Will the LDII+ be a good choise?

Thanks.

Oct 6, 2006 at 8:17 AM Post #2 of 26
Can someone please help, I want to know if it'll be up for the job.

Oct 6, 2006 at 2:17 PM Post #4 of 26
I rad lots of good stuff about the LDII+ thats why I am intrested in it. I am just afreid it wont manage the K340 as they are very hard to drive.

Oct 6, 2006 at 2:23 PM Post #5 of 26
Never hear the LDII myself, but for the K340's... I doubt it. The DarkVoice is supposed to be great with them though.
wink.gif

Oct 6, 2006 at 2:27 PM Post #6 of 26
I never heard of this amp, can you give me a link?

Oct 6, 2006 at 4:10 PM Post #7 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
Never hear the LDII myself, but for the K340's... I doubt it. The DarkVoice is supposed to be great with them though.
wink.gif

Yes, I must agree. I briefly heard aznsensazian's LDII and then we switched it out for the DarkVoice. Much better amp overall. It really complemented the K340's sound signature. Check one out if you get the chance.

Aditya

Oct 6, 2006 at 4:14 PM Post #8 of 26
Is it the DarkVoice 336?

Where can I buy it, and how much will it cost (I need a 220V version)? I need the amp to fit the K340 for almost exclusivley classical music, will the Darkvoice be the better amp?

Edit:
from reading about it, the Darkvoice seems to be better than the LDII, but is it better than the LDII+? From what I head the LDII+ is a big improvment over the LDII.

Oct 6, 2006 at 6:54 PM Post #9 of 26
Quote:

wink.gif

you never listened to mine when I brought it? shame...

I listened to K340 with my old LD2, and honestly I enjoyed it. I had upgraded tubes and I'm really not sure what that other amp is, but if you're set on it, I sure wouldnt say no to that combo

Oct 6, 2006 at 7:34 PM Post #11 of 26
Not saying it is a bad amp... I just doubt it would be a perfect match for the K340 since they are so picky.

Oct 6, 2006 at 7:42 PM Post #12 of 26
I have the LDII on the way to me (bought it for a friend) so I'll have a chance to hear it. The thing is I am just going to see if its able to drive them, because I want to buy the LDII+ for myself which is supposed to be a better amp. The Darkvoice costs 350$ on eBay, thats way too expencive for me at the moment. If I can get it for aroung 240$ and its much better than the LDII+ (139$) than I'll buy it. If it isn't I'll stick with the LDII+ (which I hope I'll be able to buy used).

Oct 6, 2006 at 8:52 PM Post #13 of 26
Quote:

wink.gif

This man is steering you in the right direction. The LDII just doesn't have the uuumph or the synergy for K340's. The Darkvoice 336 drives them very well, and it has amazing synergy. This is my reference combo. It's running for about $310.00 though, so a bit over your budget. However it performs like a much costlier amp. Put a Kenrad Black Glass tube up front, and let the bass be heard!
Here's a link to how to order the amp. It comes in 220 V.

http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showt...ight=darkvoice

Oct 7, 2006 at 12:41 AM Post #14 of 26
I have neither the K340s nor the amps in question, but my search for an amp in that price range to feed my fairly high impedence DT-880s let me at one point to the Eddie Current Laconic Lunch, available for $170 shipped and designed specifically for high impedence cans. I don't know how it synergizes, but it might be worth looking into, since it is within your budget.

Oct 7, 2006 at 6:24 AM Post #15 of 26
Thank you all for your help, but I still need to know one thing. Is it worth the extra 100$ over the LDII+? The LDII+ is said to be much better than the LDII with no bright highs, and with more punch.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back