LD2++ or Darkvoice??
Mar 8, 2007 at 12:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

walls

100+ Head-Fier
I was just about to pull the trigger on a LD2++ to use with a pair of Senn 555's when I started to read the Darkvoice thread, now I am unsure of what to do.
I listen to just about everything from old Standards to Metal.

I am VERY MUCH A NOOB in need of advise!! PLEASE HELP!! LOL!!

Thanks all!!
biggrin.gif

Mar 8, 2007 at 12:37 AM Post #2 of 8
I'm not sure if the HD555 will benefit much from an amp. I would look into that question first before considering what amp to purchase.

Mar 8, 2007 at 1:25 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not sure if the HD555 will benefit much from an amp. I would look into that question first before considering what amp to purchase.

It would!
wink.gif

Mar 8, 2007 at 4:34 PM Post #6 of 8
Well my Nano doesnt seem to be able to power the 555's that well. Also my CD player doesnt have an earphone jack.

I guess ill look elsewhere.
blink.gif

Mar 8, 2007 at 7:22 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Advil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you have the money, get new headphones. The HD555 won't benefit from an amp.

HD650 + darkvoice... mmm yeahh

Stop spreading upgratitis!

the guy came here for an advice for an amp, and ure trying to make him upgrade headphones!
icon10.gif

No but seriously, if you have the money, go with the darkvoice. If you want a budget tube amp, go for the ld2++. As far as i know, people kept telling other people that low-impedance headphones don't benefit from an amp. Man, they are soooo wrong.

Mar 8, 2007 at 7:32 PM Post #8 of 8
Obviously any headphone will see some benefit (however small) from an amp, but to spend $200-$300 to amp an HD555 is, in my opinion, a complete waste of money. The OP would be much better off getting an HD580, a headphone which really does benefit from amplification, and then an amp. That was be a smart use of $300 or so, assuming you had a decent source as well.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back