LD 1+ or LD MK1+ for K701?
Feb 27, 2010 at 7:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

beyondthepale35

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, Ive been reading way too much of this site, but just wanted to know which one you would pick as a starter amp for my K701s. I know they wont reach their full potential, just want something to tide me over until after graduation. Thanks. Any other suggestions are welcome for around the 150-200 mark.

Feb 28, 2010 at 3:58 AM Post #3 of 5
I have had the opportunity to try the Little Dot I+ hybrid tube and I prefer the dynamics of the Little Dot MKI+ due to the extra deep reserves of current drive that the portable offers. By Plugging in the power adapter coupled with the batteries, dynamic passages, soundstage dynamics, and overall quality of the overtones is well represented.

Hope this helps

YKL - Everybody have a great weekend

Feb 28, 2010 at 5:27 AM Post #4 of 5
Personally I enjoy my AKG 702s through a Focusrite Saffire.

According to AKG's website, the max input power is 200 mW, and the specs for the 1+ is much more than that.

I currently have the LD DAC_II, and don't find it a good mach for the AKG 702s. Still too much current.

I think too many people try too hard to drive the amps with tons of power, and are missing out on of the best points of the AKG 701/2s in the first place, their clear neutral sound.

Feb 28, 2010 at 5:46 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by yklee118 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have had the opportunity to try the Little Dot I+ hybrid tube and I prefer the dynamics of the Little Dot MKI+ due to the extra deep reserves of current drive that the portable offers. By Plugging in the power adapter coupled with the batteries, dynamic passages, soundstage dynamics, and overall quality of the overtones is well represented.

Hope this helps

YKL - Everybody have a great weekend

According to David at Little Dot the Little Dot MKI+ has
Power Output: 200mW (32 ohms)
and the Little Dot 1+ has
800mW @ 32 ohms
maybe that is not the only factor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back