LCDX vs LCD3
Apr 13, 2021 at 2:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

mitchb

1000+ Head-Fier
I have a pair of LCD4,LCDX,LCDXC and am expecting a pair of LCD3 in the next week. I was wondering if anyone has compared the LCDX to the LCD3’s. If you take the hard travel box out of the equation there is only a couple of hundred dollars difference between the two and the LCD3 have the wood which is a few dollars.My very favourite headphones are the LCD4 but I got the LCDXC for a closed headphones and I find them surprisingly good. I am currently using a new pair of LCDX and they’re nice but only have 50 or so hours on them so they are changing for the better with play. I expect a new pair of LCD3 next week but can anyone tell me how they compare to the LCDX?

Apr 14, 2021 at 2:59 PM Post #2 of 7
Here is a graph of the measurements from Headphones.com. This reflects what I hear as well. The XC is the super laid back sound that pairs well, oddly, with a great tube amp. The X is missing a few dB in the treble that make it sound lacking in detail for cymbals and chimes. To me the LCD-3 is the best sounding of the bunch and the LCD-3 is my favorite headphone from Audeze for not only the bass, but the awesome treble extension.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0362/2465/files/blog_AudezeGraphCompare.png?1022

Apr 17, 2021 at 6:52 PM Post #3 of 7
LCD3 has such a romantic laid back beautiful sound. I like it sooooo much better than the LCDX.

Apr 19, 2021 at 3:25 AM Post #4 of 7
I’m enjoying my LCDX as I wait on the return of my LCD4 headphones repaired with new drivers and my new LCD3. I know I like the LCD3 as I used them for years and the LCD4 are beautiful but I am impressed on how good my LCDX are sounding with 80-100 hours play. The Danacable Lazuli Nirvana cable is nice but pricey. The Lazuli Reference is a nice cable as well.

Apr 19, 2021 at 4:02 AM Post #5 of 7
Do they have lcd 3 2020 version

Users who are viewing this thread

Back