Lcd4z or lcd-i4. The gift question.
Aug 16, 2018 at 4:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

guyben

Head-Fier
So Im about to get a gift for a major event in my life and can potentialy ask to have the lcd4 bought for me. Current rig is akg k712 from hugo 2 fed via roon and tidal. I listen 98percent to classical (symphonic and chamber ) music and rarely some vocal music Details, clarity imaging and instrument seperation are the main important parameters to my ears. I dont really need portability but cannot put the money down now for a good enough desktop amp/dac and in any case feel the hugo 2 is good enough. I listen a lot while working on my laptop and am concerned the weight issue with the lcd4/4z could affect my work. How much in term of musicality, sound stage and imaging am I missing if opting to go with the lcd i4 instead of its big brothers?

Any thoughts appreciated,
Guy

Aug 16, 2018 at 4:18 PM Post #2 of 3
you will miss the visceral physical impact from the big cans, lcd i4 have very good soundstage so in that regard you will not miss much
the tonality is very similar, recessed upper mids, flat neutral bass and overall lush kind of sound

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2018 at 6:52 PM Post #3 of 3
classical need large driver ,, i had the LCD-i4 with my Hugo2 and i never liked it (at least for the price) it lack the punch and impact,, so i suggest getting a full size headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back