LCD3 Kirkland Bath Tissue Edition, a.k.a. ToiletPants
Dec 30, 2013 at 3:55 PM Post #271 of 276
I removed the grill and felt and decided to listen.  It sounded slightly thinner, brighter and more open but with less bass control and impact. 
I will try to one ply with felt and grill to see how they sound.  
I know it's counter-intuitive but I'm guessing adding the toilet paper is like putting cotton in the Fostex T50RP, it will make it sound more airy and brighter?

Dec 30, 2013 at 5:15 PM Post #272 of 276
So removing the grill and felt gives it an open, airy, sound, but there's some sibilance and diminished bass punch.
The TP mod seems to give it some treble making it more open, detailed and airy but without the sibilance and sacrificing the bass.  Little less bass but it's punchier.

I like the LCD-2 rev.1 a lot more.  Thank you Purrin.  

Dec 30, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #273 of 276
Like modding the Fostex T50RP with cotton to increase treble and air, has anyone tried a really thin layer of cotton along with Purrin's TP mod. 

Jan 1, 2014 at 8:58 PM Post #274 of 276
I would love to see the LCD-2 rev.1 with TP Mod compared to the LCD-2 rev.2 stock.   I wish I had a rev. 2 to compare.

Jan 2, 2014 at 10:29 PM Post #275 of 276
I use LCD-2 r2 w/ LCD-3 pads with TP Mod. But my felt is not original one. I purchased the brown one and changed the original felt with this brown felt. The thickness is slightly different, and the diameter of the new felt is also different - slightly small but not much different. I think the small diameter gives airy, open sound because it allows more air flow. 
But I'm afraid I'm not sure how the original sound is, compared to the modified one, and when I first applied this pad change&mod, I didn't get much of the impression of the sound change.. such as HD650 -> HD600 change.

Anyway, I believe this mod is very useful and I'm very satisfied with this mod. I hope this helps.

May 20, 2017 at 3:46 AM Post #276 of 276
Why not, I compare Kate Bush, Alicia Keys and Celion Dion to Girls Generation and AKB48 all the time.
biggrin.gif

Can't put these into one sentence. Girls Generation are so much above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back