LCD2 value, help/advice
Mar 26, 2016 at 4:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Mani ATH 87

500+ Head-Fier
Hello all,

First of all, apologies if this is the wrong place for this, it didn't seem appropriate for the sale/trade forums.

I'm looking to grab a pair of LCD2's (likely used) but don't have the full amount available to me at the moment to buy them outright. I do have a number of headphones to trade though, I'm wondering what the value would be of what I have for trade:

Sennheiser 650 - stock cables as well as blue dragons v3. These are in great condition, second owner no visible imperfections, a year old.

Hifiman HE400 - stock cables as well as some customs that will be on their way to me soon. Focuspads (angled ones off the higher end models. These are around 2 years old, also great condition, no visible imperfections. Bought these new.

Audio Technica A900X: everything stock on these, slight cosmetic damage on one the pads (plastic part, not part that touches your head - just some scuffing). 2-3 years old, little use, also bought these new.

Audeo pf012 earphones. Lots of accessories with these (filters, ear rests, etc), 2 years old, great condition, bought new.

Fiio E17 portable amp/DAC - 2-3 years old, bought new, great condition.

Would any of this in any combination equate to a reasonable trade for an LCD2? If want the LCD2 to be the newer fazor model. Also can add cash in combination with things as well. Please let me know what you guys think.

Mar 26, 2016 at 7:49 PM Post #2 of 6
this is exactly the purpose of the Buy/Sell/Trade forum 

Id suggest you split them up according to category and make a sale page 

Headphones

Amps

Mar 27, 2016 at 12:49 AM Post #3 of 6
  this is exactly the purpose of the Buy/Sell/Trade forum 

Id suggest you split them up according to category and make a sale page 

Headphones

Amps

My only issue is that I'm unsure of the value of my current gear, so I'd like some advice on that before listing what I have. 

I'm hesitant to list what I have for sale without knowing what I can get for it. I wouldn't want to sell and come up with a shortfall I can't compensate for with the LCD's and then be stuck without headphones.

Mar 27, 2016 at 1:05 AM Post #4 of 6
you bought all of this stuff for money didnt you?  Use that as a starting point, depreciate according to condition and check it against whats going on in the classifieds for comparable gear.......i dont understand how anyone can acquire that much gear and not know value for what they have.  you seem to know your way with pads and cables, and youre seemingly not a rookie at this........thats....weird.

Mar 27, 2016 at 1:28 AM Post #5 of 6
*sigh* Here are the current values used, depending on condition, accessories, etc.:

HD650: $275-$350
HE400: $175-$250
ATH-A900X: $90-$125
PFE-012: $40-$60
FiiO e17: $90-$120

LCD 2.1: $450-$550
LCD 2.2: $550-$675
LCD 2.3: $650-$800

Pick and choose your final prices, read all of the forum FS/T rules and scam warnings, post your stuff, and negotiate via PM.

Mar 27, 2016 at 9:47 AM Post #6 of 6
Pickle,

Thanks for the advice. I've never sold gear before and I've never really purchased with resale in mind. Although I have a bunch of great (some items in not selling as well), I've not taken any time to look into how things depreciate in value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back