LCD2 setup tips
May 14, 2012 at 11:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

SolomonPierce

100+ Head-Fier
(I posted this here because I'm mostly looking for an amp, it's not about the cans so much as it is the setup, I apologize if there is a better forum for this.)

I have read a lot of the recommendations for the lcd2s, but I really wanted to point out my questions in particular to decide how to proceed. I currently have my LCD2s on the way to me, I really want to know how I should go from here. I've heard a lot of viewpoints regarding what amps / one person who believed an amp was irrelevant and just to spend as much as possible on a dac with decent built in amp.

Basically I assume it would be best to have the two separate components. I just want to know what to do to make the best setup with the lcd2s without breaking my bank (maybe $500 - 700 for a starting setup). Right now all my cans are very easy to drive so all I have is a total bithead. It would be a sin to run the lcds out of that, so I just want to hear everyone's opinion of what to do. I had considered the Lyr / Bifrost, though I couldn't get them both at once so I'm not sure. Not dead set on Schiit, they just seem like good bang for buck ratio.

Thanks for any tips. Like I said I have read a whole lot of different opinions so I haven't decided on any one for sure yet, just want to know what my next purchase should be to get the best setup for these at the lowest cost. I knew my setup would take a while to build jumping from 598s to lcd2s, but I'd rather build a setup around great cans that will sound amazing at the end, rather than a mid-fi setup, perfecting one of the old flagships 650/701 only to replace them with a higher end set of cans.

p.s. if there are spelling mistakes or the like I apologize, I wrote this on my phone so you get the idea lol

May 15, 2012 at 8:21 PM Post #3 of 3
I know, that's why I said it would be a sin to use them out of the bithead.  I'm just looking for the best thing to purchase next for around $500 - 700, i.e. best bang-for-buck piece to begin building a more serious desktop setup.  Building my setup around the lcd2s, so just looking for tips.  Whether it be just a fairly budget priced amp like the Lyr (or others if you recommend) or a dac w/ internal amp, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back