LCD-ZB, Dr Frankenstein's Audeze
Jul 6, 2023 at 2:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

emba4

100+ Head-Fier
well im a clumsy dude, ive broken 2x pairs of LCD-2s in a year (though i wonder now if the 2nd was my fault. also i broke my gryphon today too) so i had spares kicking about, browsing ebay i found a guy selling a matched pair of brand new LCD-X drivers, it seemed a shame to let the broken ones go to waste, its only a headband and ring at the end of the day

anyhow they arrived all sealed up in a barcoded bag with something like "LCD-X & XC driver service pack" written underneath, i initialy thought the X comes in teh same ring as the 2 closed so technically i should use that, but obviously the bamboo of the 2s looks miles better, so i went wth a mix and match:

Headband: 2 Closed
earpads: LCD-2 Leather
Drivers: LCD-X
rings: LCD-2 Bamboo

Im not displeased with them but much like when i demoed them in store, they just lost something between the X and the 2, im just struggling to love them a bit. the 2 seemed to reach way lower than the X which felt a little tinny almost. so far the only other ve really loved that ive tried is one many dont and thats Mezes Liric but theyre mighty pricey i still keep hovering over the but butt

i do also have a set of the fairly impressive oppo PM-3s which i picked up cheap to get me by and was quite surprised by them, ultimately even if i come to love the Xs somehow i still feel they wont be enough and ill end up caving and getting the mezes. what do you think? should i have gone for the black shell so they look like proper Xs?

Attachments

• 20230706_172711.JPG
    20230706_172711.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230706_172757.JPG
    20230706_172757.JPG
    182.6 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back