LCD-GX - Compatibility confusion
Jul 26, 2019 at 1:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

CompGamer

New Head-Fier
Hello all, I just put in my pre-order for the LCD-GX gaming headphones recently and due to the ultra-low impedance I'm unsure if my current rig would work or not; I dont want to blow them out! Also, does the frequency response range of the dac/amp bottleneck the performance of the headphone? The headphones produce from 10-50k but my amp/dac do 20-20k, does that mean I'm not utilizing my headphones to their full potential due to poorly matched dac/amp?

Pre-ordered headphones -LCD-GX info:
Style Over-ear, open-back
Transducer type Planar magnetic
Magnetic structure Single Fluxor™ magnet array
Magnet type Neodymium N50
Diaphragm type Ultra-thin Uniforce™
Transducer size 106 mm
Maximum power handling 500mW RMS
Maximum SPL >130dB
Frequency response 10Hz – 50kHz
THD <0.1% @ 100dB
Impedance 20 ohms
Sensitivity 100 dB/1mW (at Drum Reference Point)
Minimum power requirement >100mW
Recommended power level >250mW

Current DAC:
USB: C-Media CM6631A
SPDIF: AKM 4113
D/A Conversion IC:
Modi Multibit: Analog Devices AD5547
Analog Summing, Active Filtering:
Modi Multibit: Based on AD8512 with precision thin-film resistors, DC-coupled with DC servo
Output: RCA (single-ended)
Output Impedance: 75 ohms
Frequency Response: 20Hz-20KHz, +/-0.25dB
Maximum Output: 2.0V RMS
THD: Modi Multibit: <0.006%, 20Hz-20KHz, at max output
IMD:Modi Multibit: <0.007%, 20Hz-20KHz, CCIR
S/N: >104dB, referenced to 1.5VRMS, unweighted
Crosstalk: -80dB, 20-20kHz
Power Supply: Modi Multibit: Included 16VAC wall-wart with 100% linear power supply

Current AMP:
  • DarkVoice
  • Tubes: 6N8P and 6N5P
  • Impedance: 32 ~ 600 Ohms
  • Frequency response: 10 Hz ~ 30 kHz +/-1 dB
  • Signal-to-noise ratio: > 100 dB
  • Power handling capacity: 1 W
  • Distortion: < 2%
  • Output: 1/4 in (6.3 mm) stereo jack, RCA jack for pre-amp
  • Input: RCA jack
  • Power supply: 110 V or 220~240 V
  • 11.81 x 5.98 x 11.02 in (300 x 152 x 280 mm)
Current Headphones:
Sennheiser HD 700

Jul 26, 2019 at 5:46 AM Post #2 of 3
Dont worry about it. I dont think there will be a blow-out unless you're listening to them at levels deemed even unsafe for people.

Also you wont be bottle necking them as the only true bottle neck is what your own specific ears can hear. I HIGHLY doubt you can hear anything over 20-20k and maybe not even that as everyone's hearing gets worse over time. Mine only peaks at around 17,500ish after a hearing test ive done a few months back with a doctor. (I have no hearing problems at all, i was just curious and wanted to test my hearing ability.) The doctor even told me at my age, anything over 16k is incredible which means i take care of my hearing, and i do.

Just look forward to taking delivery of your cans and enjoy :)

Jul 26, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #3 of 3
Dont worry about it. I dont think there will be a blow-out unless you're listening to them at levels deemed even unsafe for people.

Also you wont be bottle necking them as the only true bottle neck is what your own specific ears can hear. I HIGHLY doubt you can hear anything over 20-20k and maybe not even that as everyone's hearing gets worse over time. Mine only peaks at around 17,500ish after a hearing test ive done a few months back with a doctor. (I have no hearing problems at all, i was just curious and wanted to test my hearing ability.) The doctor even told me at my age, anything over 16k is incredible which means i take care of my hearing, and i do.

Just look forward to taking delivery of your cans and enjoy :)
Hey man, thanks for the info! I can't wait to get these bad boys! I've heard alot of good stuff about the planar headphones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back