LCD EAR PAD KIT QUESTION
Sep 7, 2020 at 1:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Raksasa

Head-Fier
Hi All,

Long time since I have been here. Hope all Head-Fiers keeping well and safe.

I just replaced earpads on my LCD 2.2 ortho HPs I purchased in Australia in 2012 (pre-fazor).

I watched a 2019 install vid and put on the new leather pads. I have these half-moon spacers (absolutely no info from Audeze in kit about them) which I forgot about and have no idea what they are for. Probably too late if they needed to be installed prior to pads.

Can anyone tell me what they are for and where they are supposed to be installed ?? Or if they are necessary for my old model of LCD-2 ??

Thanks in advance for any assistance,

Raksy

(edit: just realised the exact model of my LCDs is in my sig. DOH !!)

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2020 at 11:21 PM Post #2 of 3
People's ears were hitting the fazor array, which caused quite some discomfort for more than a few users. Audeze provided/sold spacers to add a bit more distance between the fazor array and the user's ear. Since yours is a pre-fazor, you shouldn't need to worry about the spacers.

Sep 8, 2020 at 1:51 AM Post #3 of 3
People's ears were hitting the fazor array, which caused quite some discomfort for more than a few users. Audeze provided/sold spacers to add a bit more distance between the fazor array and the user's ear. Since yours is a pre-fazor, you shouldn't need to worry about the spacers.
Hi sennfan,

Thanx for the response. Glad to hear not a prob for me. Wish Audeze would put some info in their ear pad kit to explain tho'.

Cheers,

Raksy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back