LCD-3 vs LCD-X
Jul 14, 2016 at 1:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

LiteKirby

100+ Head-Fier
I've done a fair amount of searching, and while I can find glowing reviews for both, I can't find very many straight comparisons between the two. I do find a lot of comparisons with other high end cans, but never directly compared to each other. I'm trying to decide between the two of these, and they'd ideally be my end-all-be-all headphones, but I guess everyone in audio says something like that eventually :)

Really I'm just hoping someone has a few reviews or articles or anything of the sort comparing and contrasting both of these cans, and if not I'd gladly take opinions from the users here. For reference, I'm currently using Sennheiser HD600 and Jerry Harvey JH16s, depending on my mood, sourced from a Schiit Asgard 2/Bifrost Uber setup. Music taste varies, generally it's mostly soundtracks and the like, but there's a good amount of hard rock, and a bit of pop and rnb depending on what I feel like listening to.

I could be talked down into an LCD-2 as well, depending on opinions, as well as depending on if my amp/dac are up to the challenge of running them or not.

In case it matters, the reason I want an Audeze pair is from auditions @ a canjam I went to, I really enjoyed them, however I didn't really make mental comparisons between them. I'd possibly get a pair of HD800 instead, but I'm not sure I'm skilled or patient enough to go through the work of modding them to make them sound their best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back