LCD-3 New Cables?
Jul 22, 2017 at 6:34 PM Post #21 of 31
I have been considering LCD3's, but the new cable looks cheap and without a balanced connector, it could be a deal breaker. How is the sound?
Just checked the audeze site and they have the old flat cables, single ended and balance for sale. $149.00 each!!!! Those flat cables were going for $80.00, now 149.00! Yesterday I checked the site and all they were selling was the new braided single ended cable for $149.00 and no sign of the flat model on the site. Confusing to say the least.

Jul 23, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #23 of 31
Thanks for the info. I guess audeze has not changed the images on the site. I will however wait and see if the new cable comes in balanced form, if not, I'll either put my lcd's back in the case or sell them. I switched to balanced long ago.
cheers.

Sep 27, 2017 at 1:25 AM Post #25 of 31
I also email Audeze about the cable.
The answer was, their research showed only 10% users use xlr, so
They decided to eliminated it, and provide a better cable single ended instead.
We changed to new cables across the board. The number of customers requesting balanced cable actually is even less than 10%. And many people never used them and threw them away. So we decided to eliminate it from standard shipments. If more people request, we will certainly consider adding it as an option in future.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Sep 27, 2017 at 1:38 AM Post #26 of 31
For my case, I won't throw my single-ended cable away for sure, but will be using balanced one.
If you only provides one cable, let buyer choose it is always a good idea, cheer.

Sep 27, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #27 of 31
I would have to agree with Audeze here. Those using Balanced cables are the minority. Maybe many people here do but I would bet even on head-fi many do not. I didn't like their flat cable so I had a few different cables made for mine. Two balanced and one single ended. The balanced adapter Audeze provided me with my LCD2's has never been used. I have it packed away. I do think it was nice that it was included for sure.

Their new cable looks 100% better to me than the flat cable. It looks like a custom cable that I would build myself or pay someone to build. I do not get how anyone would think it looks cheap. Maybe not the color I would pick but black is pretty standard.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #28 of 31
Got the balanced cable from impact audio.
Initial impression, better bass, fuller and stronger, not sure if it is just an "expectation" in my brain.
But, I like it, at least it will utilize the full power of my Amp.
Will do comparison later when I get time to do it.

Dec 13, 2017 at 12:08 PM Post #29 of 31
I know this is a bit old but I thought I'd update since I just received my headphones. I bought a new set of LCD-3's and LCD-2's. Zebrano wood and shedua wood. I got the older flat cables with both but the adapter was only included with the LCD-3's. I asked about the flat cables on head-fi and someone suggested I contact Audeze directly regarding the braided cable as they have had great experiences with Audeze's customer service and they might help out there-possible at no charge. I contacted Audeze and was told basically 'no luck, you can order a new cable from the website'. Not that I was determined to get something for free but I just bought a couple pairs of really expensive headphones... so? A bit disappointed by the response.

Also, the LCD-3's wood ring was kind of globbed up around the half moon for the gimbal. It looked like too much glue or something and the wood looked like it was slightly splintered up on the inside edge before it was finished. Kind of a heart-in-throat moment when I opened them up. I kind of expected perfect but I'm getting over it. The LCD-2 was fine, I don't recall noting any blems on the LCD-2/3's I've seen before.

The sound is awesome though and they've been pairing well with a Burson Soloist SL MK2. I thought I'd only keep one or the other but I like the LCD-3 and the LCD-2 sound on certain types of music so I can justify keeping both pairs.... hehe!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back