LCD-2C Jaw Pain/Ear Pressure Issues
May 12, 2022 at 1:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

djd97

New Head-Fier
I just upgraded to a pair of LCD-2Cs and after a few days of wearing them 6+ hours a day I think I'm starting to notice some TMJ-like symptoms. I previously had a pair of DT990s and I think it was wearing them in conjunction with my glasses that was causing a clicking in my jaw, but after switching to the LCD-2Cs that clicking now seems to have gotten worse and there is now some slight bit of pain. I also noticed that there is pressure built up in my left ear (like when changing elevations) -- this could partially be impacted by allergies, but I don't think it is.

Has anyone else experienced this and/or come up with a solution? I really like how they sound and they're a nice step up from my 990s, but I don't see how I can keep them if this issue persists.

May 12, 2022 at 6:04 PM Post #2 of 3
Are you clenching your teeth together during these 6+ hours sessions? Are you a teeth grinder by night? My suspicion is the headphones themselves are NOT the direct cause of the issue, but you may have TMJ issues from stress and clenching your teeth at night. Get a good night guard and see if that helps.

May 12, 2022 at 6:40 PM Post #3 of 3
Are you clenching your teeth together during these 6+ hours sessions? Are you a teeth grinder by night? My suspicion is the headphones themselves are NOT the direct cause of the issue, but you may have TMJ issues from stress and clenching your teeth at night. Get a good night guard and see if that helps.
As far as I know, I don't clench/grind my teeth. The initial symptoms seemed to occur after I started regularly wearing my glasses with my DT990s. It started about 6 months ago and hasn't gotten worse until today -- about a 3-4 days after I started using my LCD-2Cs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back