LCD-2 / Woo Audio Stand
Dec 28, 2011 at 4:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

TruBrew

500+ Head-Fier
I went to post this in the LCD-2 thread, but apparently that is open any more. Hopefully some people read this hear and can give me their opinion.

I have a question for any of you who happen to own both the new leather headband, and the Woo Audio headphone stand. I just purchased two of the stands for my headphones. I was looking for something small, not outrageously expensive, that would also minimize pressure on the headband. After about a half hour of hanging on the stand my foam headband is showing indentations. I was wondering how the Leather headband does in that regard. 

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Jan 20, 2012 at 3:58 PM Post #4 of 6
Bump.  Also interested in this.  Looking at getting a LCD2 in the near future and currently have a Woo stand.

Jan 20, 2012 at 5:30 PM Post #5 of 6
Hey guys. I bought two of the $59 stands. The stand leaves no marks on the leather headband. I have my LCD-3 sitting on it 20+ hours a day for the last few week. It has caused no problems.

The foam headband does cause issues. Well, it depends on what you call an issue. If I left my LCD-2 with its leather Headband hang on  the stand, it would leave a very notable indentation. It would take a day or more of resting off of the stand for it to reshape properly. That is from a day or less of hanging on the stand. I am sure it is mostly aesthetics, and likely affects the comfort in no way. Even after over a week off of the stand I still have two very small creases in  the foam left from the stand.

So  if you are anal like me, The foam headband and the Woo stand is a no go. On the other hand you should be fine with the Leather one. I have no experience with the $29 stand, so I can not say how it would work with the Leather headband. I can assume it would cause the same problem with the foam one.

Jan 20, 2012 at 5:42 PM Post #6 of 6

I use the Black $75 Double Stand, the HPS-T for my LCD-2 Rev.2 and there are no marks on the leather. Leave it on all day right in the middle. Yes, I use just one headphone on it; I prefer it nice and safe with a lot of room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back