LCD-2 / LCD-3 FR graphs
Mar 16, 2012 at 3:26 PM Post #2 of 30
Tyll has a bunch here:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/headphone-data-sheet-downloads

To me I heard the LCD-3 as being darker and less fun.  It was also a bit more laid back than the LCD-2 I had at the time.

I loved the airiness of the LCD-2 I tested.  The soundstage was much more open compared to the LCD-3 I used.

Mar 16, 2012 at 8:59 PM Post #3 of 30

Quote:
Tyll has a bunch here:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/headphone-data-sheet-downloads

To me I heard the LCD-3 as being darker and less fun.  It was also a bit more laid back than the LCD-2 I had at the time.

I loved the airiness of the LCD-2 I tested.  The soundstage was much more open compared to the LCD-3 I used.

You're sure about that? Could have been an issue with your LCD-3s (could have been on of the veiled pairs) or your upstream gear/source was sub-par and the LCD-3s were showing you it's faults. Might I ask what circumstances you heard them (and associated gear)?

The LCD-3's biggest advantage over the LCD_2s is the soundstaging (its now on slightly wider than even the HE-6s or T1s; something either version of the LCD-2s couldn't even get close to). FWIW, here are the rest of my thoughts between the two:

http://www.head-fi.org/a/comparisons-of-the-lcd-3-and-the-lcd-2-rev-2

Mar 16, 2012 at 9:12 PM Post #4 of 30
Man, are you mistaken discussing FR instead of musical enjoyment. This debate is so ... ZZzzzzz.

Does your headphone sound the best on a Wednesday or a Saturday? Or what about Monday? 

Mar 16, 2012 at 9:14 PM Post #5 of 30

Quote:
Man, are you mistaken discussing FR instead of musical enjoyment. This debate is so ... ZZzzzzz.

Does your headphone sound the best on a Wednesday or a Saturday? Or what about Monday? 

Like I tell my kids, you listen with your ears.
wink.gif

Mar 16, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #6 of 30
My "you" were meant in plural.

I guess it is just me then. All this debate page up / down on hard to detect differences - it makes me believe that the majority on this forum is more focused on the equipment than the music it was aimed to convey. Well, not believe (´cause I know that´s the way it is), but it is still sad in a non-academic way...

Mar 16, 2012 at 9:21 PM Post #7 of 30

Quote:

I guess it is just me then. All this debate page up / down on hard to detect differences - it makes me believe that the majority on this forum is more focused on the equipment than the music it was aimed to convey. Well, not believe (´cause I know that´s the way it is), but it is still sad in a non-academic way...

In that case, sell your gear and enjoy them with ibuds.
tongue.gif

Gear when right for one's tastes can "enhance" their pleasure on enjoying the music. YMMV.

Mar 17, 2012 at 5:52 AM Post #8 of 30

Quote:

Some people are gear whores, some people look to enhance their music listening pleasure.  It isn't the "music or the gear", the two don't have to be mutually exclusive.  For me, better gear has revitalized my listening, my taste is broader, the experience is more enjoyable and I spend more time listening to music than watching TV, which wasn't the case prior to discovering  "better" gear. Don't judge on what you think is fact, "cause you may not know the way it is", not for everybody anyway (maybe not even for the majority, but I wouldn't know).  AS MH states, if is is as good for you off ibuds, then leave it at that, it isn't for me though, not even close.

Mar 23, 2012 at 9:31 PM Post #12 of 30
My LCD 3 and RMA'd LCD-3
http://www.head-fi.org/t/575751/new-audeze-lcd3/4680#post_8248174

Apr 20, 2012 at 2:34 PM Post #15 of 30

Quote:
Post here the FR graph of your LCD-2 / LCD-3. It will be interesting to compare. :)

Mine: LCD-2 r.2, measured on 2-6-2012

Well... I see here a drastic discrepansy between FR in low frequencies of my LCD-2r2 and these, measured by headphone.com. And I think this explains my obeservations that my headphones are mid-centric and sometimes lacking bass. I've expected a bass monster but received pretty neutral (yet excellent) cans :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back