LCD-2 cable questions--
Dec 18, 2012 at 8:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

PeterK53

New Head-Fier
So I now have a new LCD-2 with the factory 1/4" SE plug and a Bryston BHA-1 amp. Found out I need to go with a 4 pin XLR amp connection to get the best use of the dual power supplies for maximum wattage from this amp. So now looking for a decent replacement cable.

I would like for versatility to get a headphone cable about 5 feet long and a second XLR extension cable 15 feet long. Currently my amp sits about 15 feet away across the living room and not likely to change that for quite a while. So far in my online searches I have found that Moon Audio sells these 2 cables in copper (Blue Dragon) and silver (Silver Dragon). These would be either $385 or $550. Sure like the lower price of the copper but that blue is hideous with these nice cans! :) I have looked at Norse and Q but they don't make longer cables or extensions. Any other recommendations? It doesn't have to be high end as I am not convinced that cables make much if any audible difference as long as they are assembled with quality soldering and decent fittings.

Thanks!

Dec 18, 2012 at 8:05 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
So I now have a new LCD-2 with the factory 1/4" SE plug and a Bryston BHA-1 amp. Found out I need to go with a 4 pin XLR amp connection to get the best use of the dual power supplies for maximum wattage from this amp. So now looking for a decent replacement cable.
I would like for versatility to get a headphone cable about 5 feet long and a second XLR extension cable 15 feet long. Currently my amp sits about 15 feet away across the living room and not likely to change that for quite a while. So far in my online searches I have found that Moon Audio sells these 2 cables in copper (Blue Dragon) and silver (Silver Dragon). These would be either $385 or $550. Sure like the lower price of the copper but that blue is hideous with these nice cans! :) I have looked at Norse and Q but they don't make longer cables or extensions. Any other recommendations? It doesn't have to be high end as I am not convinced that cables make much if any audible difference as long as they are assembled with quality soldering and decent fittings.
Thanks!

BTG is another option. DTCG is always willing to do anything custom.

Dec 18, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #3 of 4
A big +1 on BTG
I just had a pair of DT880's re-wired and balanced ,there
Excellent price
Excellent communication
A+A+A+ customer service
When he shipped the headphones back,he included a fitted Byerdynamic case for my dt880's--free--nice

Currently,he is not taking any orders until after the holidays-I think its 1/3/2013
Send him an email.

Mike

Dec 19, 2012 at 9:07 PM Post #4 of 4
most of the aftermarket cable companies do sell longer headphone cable lengths then what they advertise
you just have to email them, since they dont always update their websites
they are a bunch of cabling companies- start by reading through the cables section on head fi to get an idea

Users who are viewing this thread

Back