"Layered bass" on Beyerdynamic DT 880 600 Ohm
Apr 16, 2015 at 10:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Lucenzo

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

About 2 years ago I bought myself a pair of Beyerdynamics DT 990 pro 250 ohm together with an ASUS Xonar Essence STX.

Back then there was huge amount of sibilance on every volume.. After the burn in that sibilance has disappeared on low and normal volumes, but on high volumes it's still very much there, even after 2 years of using them 8 hours / day I can't get used to it. :/

That, plus the fact that this coiled cable is now breaking apart (because of me always fiddling with it) , has made me look for a new pair of headphones.

So I was thinking about buying the DT 880 600 Ohm. But I got 3 questions:

1) I've read they got "layered bass". I never read this about any DT 770's or DT990's.

Could anyone clarify what this means exactly? And do DT 770's and DT 990's not have this "feature"?

2) I've also read that the bass on the 880's 600 ohm is less impactfull and less deep/heavy, is this true? Because I do like the heavy bass on my current 990 pro's and I don't really want to settle for less

3) I was also wondering if the DT 990 premiums have the same harsh sibilance as the pro's... 'Cause if the treble is less bright on the premiums I might just go for a DT 990 premium instead

I listen to pretty much all kinds of music, but mostly bassheavy music like chillstep, dubstep, EDM, etc

Any answers, feedback, experiences are very much appreciated! :)

Apr 17, 2015 at 5:39 AM Post #3 of 3
This should answer at least half your questions:

graphCompare.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back