Lavry DA10 with AES cable HELP using RME Digi96/8 Pad soundcard
Mar 16, 2006 at 10:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

slwiser

Headphoneus Supremus
OK people with the RME Digi96/8 Pad card and the AES/EBU cable into the Lavry DA10, what settings on the RME card do you use to get sound into the AES on the Lavry?

I have an optical out working but can't get the AES cable to work. I have an Canare DA206 cable between my RME breakout cable and the Lavry DA10.

Digi Settings are:

Input: Internal, SyncAlgn, Ck Input -->> Stero No Lock Internal

Output: Auto, A/S conv, Prof -->> Stero 44.1 kHz, Clock Master

Analog Outpu: 1+2, 0 db, Auto Syc

Volume: Up on both, Ck on couple

Mode: 256

I would appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks

Mar 16, 2006 at 11:36 PM Post #2 of 8
slwiser, do not kill me for asking, as I mean no offense, and just mean to be helpful .... really.
biggrin.gif

You did put the input toggle switch on the Lavry DA10 to the xlr (topmost) position, didn't you?

Other than that, I'm afraid I cannot be of much help, not owning a RME Digi96/8 Pad card myself.

Good luck.

Mar 17, 2006 at 12:51 AM Post #3 of 8
I think Iron_Dreamer runs that exact configuration: RME Digi96/8 -> AES/EBU cable -> Lavry DA10. Maybe you can pmsg him to get his attention
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 17, 2006 at 1:13 AM Post #4 of 8
No problem, it just means that you may know me better than you think, I am fairly dense, but sometimes I do get it right and I did put that switch in its correct postion when I attempted to use the AES cable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one
slwiser, do not kill me for asking, as I mean no offense, and just mean to be helpful .... really.
biggrin.gif

You did put the input toggle switch on the Lavry DA10 to the xlr (topmost) position, didn't you?

Other than that, I'm afraid I cannot be of much help, not owning a RME Digi96/8 Pad card myself.

Good luck.

Mar 17, 2006 at 2:35 AM Post #5 of 8
I cannot specifically see anything wrong with your settings, but I am not at my audio computer, so I can't say for sure. I never had to do anything special to get the XLR out to work, just hooked up the cable, and bam, there was sound. Is your Lavry lock light on at least, when you switch it to the XLR input? The lock light should probably resolve whether it is a connection or a software problem.

Mar 17, 2006 at 3:00 AM Post #6 of 8
My light locks in with the toslink everytime without any issues. I also have the XLR plugged in and it has never locked....with XLR selected.

I have used the XLR cable with a loop back and it appears to be suppling a signal.

I have one area that appears to be completely off base in my Digicheck options. That is when you hit F3 and it comes up, I only have one selection available and that is MME Record Device and all the others are grayed out-not available. The only things available are the ADAT output in the output window (4 selections- 1+2, 3+4, etc) and the kHz selection.

I have been in discussions with the USA distributer and have an RA to return it for them to check it out. I will probably send it out within a couple of days.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to respond...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer
I cannot specifically see anything wrong with your settings, but I am not at my audio computer, so I can't say for sure. I never had to do anything special to get the XLR out to work, just hooked up the cable, and bam, there was sound. Is your Lavry lock light on at least, when you switch it to the XLR input? The lock light should probably resolve whether it is a connection or a software problem.

Mar 17, 2006 at 8:47 PM Post #7 of 8
I use the RME Digi96/8 PAD card with the AES XLR connection to a DAC1 without any problems.

Your DIGICheck F3 options are the same as what I see and seem normal.

Foobar2000 works with both waveout and ASIO to the RME card. I just use waveout all the time.

The input settings have no affect on playback, so any setting will work and still have output on xlr, coax, and toslink simultanously.

I have the internal loopback cable installed so the status will lock on the output frequency. The Optical, Coaxial, and XLR will show "No Lock" unless I connect something to their input or have a loopback cable on them. If your XLR input locks onto a loopback cable, then the XLR output should be good. Also try a playing a 48 kHz file to see if it will lock on something other than a 44.1 kHz file.

I have SyncAlign and Check Input selected but it still outputs if they are not selected.

Output selection will work on any of the three selections (Automatic, Input, or "Play only"). I use "Play only" unless I want to use an input.

Output Format selection will work on any of the three selections (Automatic, Force Adat, or A/S Conv.) I use A/S Conv. since I don't want Adat output.

I select Professional to use AES format but it also works unselected since the DAC1 will work with either format (AES or S/PDIF) on any of it's connectors (XLR, BNC, Toslink).

I don't select Emphasis or Non-Audio. Non-Audio is the only selection that will stop audio from going out.

I select Master for Clock Mode since I don't have the Word Clock Module and I don't want it to autosync on an input unless I connect an input to it.

Analog Output is selected for 1+2 but since I don't it, I set the Attenuation to -18dB and Volume to -inf, -inf, and Couple.

Mode is set at 256

Driver version is 2.11

DIGICheck version is 4.42

Mar 17, 2006 at 10:40 PM Post #8 of 8
Thanks for this detailed reply.

I have sent my card off to Synthax for a check up.

It should be back next week. If this is not the problem then it must be somewhere else, likely my DAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back