Lavry DA10 users, headphone output
Dec 22, 2009 at 11:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Cortes

100+ Head-Fier
I have the XLR outputs of my DA10 feeding a couple of monitors Genelec 8020. The headphone output of my DA10 is too loud to run my new JH13 and the only realistic option seems to be to buy a stand-alone headphone amp.

I've been told that the Headphone output of DA10 produces almost idential signal to the XLR outputs. My question to you is if that's is true. Anyone has feeded an amp from the headphone output of the DA10?. The result is the same as feeding from a XLR output?.

BTW any advice on a stand-alone amp to drive the JH13 from the DA10 is welcome.

Thanks.

Dec 23, 2009 at 4:26 AM Post #3 of 8
What are the volume settings you've tried for the JH13?

Dec 23, 2009 at 10:50 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by anetode /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What are the volume settings you've tried for the JH13?

Volume know in Lavry is at the minimum= 1. It sounds too load.

Dec 28, 2009 at 8:20 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by sainttoad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you tried asking over on the Lavry forums?

yes, i was told there the possibility of using the using the headphone out to feed an stand alone amp. But I would like to know if someone has really tested the headphone out of DA10 to feed an amp.

Dec 28, 2009 at 10:26 PM Post #7 of 8
You can try to find an impedance adapter. I googled real quick but couldn't come up with anything right away. You'll have to search around for one.

Dec 29, 2009 at 12:12 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cortes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been told that the Headphone output of DA10 produces almost idential signal to the XLR outputs. My question to you is if that's is true.
Thanks.

The information is on line (the DA manual) at the lavryengineering site.
The headphone jack provides around 6dB lower voltage then a balanced XLR configuration.

Regrads
Dan Lavry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back