Lavry as DAC for SP amp?
Jan 8, 2007 at 6:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Deuterium

100+ Head-Fier
I am sure this has been covered in previous threads, but I didn't find them. I would appreciate your input or a link to a thread that answers the questions.

I am going to be using my Lavry as a DAC for a source for an SP Extreme Platinum. If I understand this correctly, I will be going from the XLR outs of the Lavry to the RCA inputs of the SP. To what volume do I set the Lavry? Is the volume controlled by an attenuator in the Lavry? If so, does that mean that the amp in the Lavry will always be in the sound reproduction line?

Thanks.

Jan 8, 2007 at 8:46 PM Post #2 of 4
Setting the Lavry to 47 achieves a volume level equivalent to that of most other hi-fi sources in my experience. The Lavry's volume control is always in the signal path, but the headphone amp is not (unless you connect to the headphone port). I know a couple of folks use the DA10 with SP amps, and seem to be pretty happy with that setup.

Jan 8, 2007 at 8:49 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know a couple of folks use the DA10 with SP amps, and seem to be pretty happy with that setup.

Like me
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 8, 2007 at 9:33 PM Post #4 of 4
Thanks guys. I am really looking forward to my first tube headphone amp. It should be a treat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back