• 12cores pure silver

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
Aug 3, 2018 at 10:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Sotiris

500+ Head-Fier
Last edited:
Sep 26, 2019 at 8:21 AM Post #5 of 10
What gauge are the cores? 24awg or heavier is important if you want to get all the benefits of silver plus a decent amount of weight and body. Lesser gauges can sound thin and a bit anodyne. The actual number of cores makes no difference to the sound it’s all about the quantity and quality of metal.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2019 at 12:13 AM Post #6 of 10
Note sure of the gauge, all the DIY cables on his site says 28awg so maybe the headphone cable is also 28awg?

I just got the master for my Utopias and it seems like a really nice cable. The Teflon insulation is really cool, slippery and comfortable for listening in bed against my skin. the silver inside gives it a cool shimmery look too.

Nov 14, 2020 at 6:52 AM Post #10 of 10
Hi, I bought the Empyreans second hand, and I was warned it had less detail than say the Stax L700, others answered: you must hear it with a silver cable please. So before I received the cans with stock cable I ordered the Lavricables Grand Litz. I listened to the stock cable some days before the Grand was in the mail. With the stock cable I used the leather pads as they are called more analytical, but with the silver cable I use the velvet pads, since it doesn’t lack any detail, and why choose analytical when you can have sheer beauty? I was warned the Grand is like an Audeze Lcd-4: too heavy, but that is the photo, it is not too heavy. So I will be still a bit careful with delicate silver. My Stax L700 cable has a lot of silver in it. High end music listening seems not possible without the benefits of silver. Thanks Yoram

Attachments

• IMG-0322.jpg
    IMG-0322.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back