Latest news about the Xenos 1HA...
Aug 12, 2006 at 1:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Andrea

Banned - aka HeavySoul - aka inconnu - aka Albert - aka layman - aka joe_average - aka altglos - aka Mr boobi - aka mikesand - aka blindbuy - aka The Well - aka yummy-fi
Read here,

http://www.aptecpro.com/Xenos-Prod/C...prod-list.html

That's sweet news... It's just the right price & the right specifications for a definitive
rolleyes.gif
portable amp purchase for me...

Aug 12, 2006 at 2:04 PM Post #2 of 7
Especially as $220 would buy you an amplifier with a discrete output stage - perfect for home use...

Above $200, I would rather avoid integrated buffers, personally.

Sep 5, 2006 at 4:11 AM Post #3 of 7
Andrea What is the advantage of discrete stage over class D Ti digital chip?
For audio home amps some prefer digital class D configuration though they seem to be brighten the sound bit.
I once planned to build class D home amp but ease of building a chip amp with STK modules kept me away.

Sep 5, 2006 at 4:16 AM Post #4 of 7
Heed canamp seems to be winning the crown for sub500$ SS amps! This amp may be the contender for it with all options like lithium inbuilt battery, Stereo Field Simulator function (crossfeed?) and gain control.

Sep 5, 2006 at 6:51 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by kaushama
Andrea What is the advantage of discrete stage over class D Ti digital chip?
For audio home amps some prefer digital class D configuration though they seem to be brighten the sound bit.
I once planned to build class D home amp but ease of building a chip amp with STK modules kept me away.

The Ti TPA6120 is not "class D" !

It's a current feedback operational amplifier, with a lot of output current, a very low distortion and a high slew rate. On paper, it's "the perfect buffer". It's a twin brother to the THS6012, a ADSL line driver (like the AD8397 is to the AD45048).

Sep 5, 2006 at 9:02 AM Post #6 of 7
One thing I just saw from the datasheets is that 'my' THS4051's have even a bit lower 1 MHz harmonic distortion than the THS6012. Besides, they would seem to have a prevailing 2nd order distortion at the lower frequencies (audio), unlike (possibly, but it's not clearly visible in the graphs) the THA6012 ...

Sep 5, 2006 at 11:16 AM Post #7 of 7
Ops, silly me
tongue.gif

I've read on the Xenos site that the release of the 1HA is delayed to October.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back