Lateralus = The Best Tool album
Nov 5, 2003 at 8:34 PM Post #31 of 32
Quote:

Originally posted by stereth
I have Lateralus and Aenima. I got Lateralus the week it came out and Aenima a few weeks ago, used. Though I've only heard it maybe a dozen times, I like Aenima better. I've been watching this thread and trying to come up with words to describe the differences I'm hearing. Aenima has deeper grooves, heavier guitars, riffs you can get lost in. It has a darker sound (though not by much) and strong, strong beats, the kind that get my head bobbing no matter where I am.

Lateralus is more refined and quieter. It seems like a lot of bands have a pair of albums like this, putting out a rough, harsh sounding album and then a smoother one later. It always seems to polarize the fans.

Also, Lateralus doesn't lend itself well to situations with background noise. Aenima sounds good even with traffic noise coming through my Portapros. And the Bill Hicks audio excerpts put it over the top.

While, Lateralus still is my favorite, I definitely agree with the Ænima statements. I tend to get lost in the riffs, especially in 46 & 2 and Jimmy
basshead.gif
biggrin.gif
. The album has a real dark tone to it. I rediscovered it a couple days ago, and now I'm listening to it non-stop.

Nov 5, 2003 at 8:47 PM Post #32 of 32
Not sure if its the best but it definitely rocks
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back