Last.fm - Nice and easy way to get in touch with the artists
Dec 7, 2008 at 12:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

smuh

500+ Head-Fier
A few weeks ago I started using last.fm again (thanks for the "reminder) apatN
smily_headphones1.gif
) basically just to get an overview of what I like to listen to and what tunes I play more often and to get in touch with other people that listen to the same artists and exchange recommendations.

I like solo piano, at least from time to time, and yesterday an artists left a recommendation or others would say he was advertising his new album. After listening to the album I decided to go ahead and buy it and sent the artist a PM just to say thanks... well I ended up buying two signed CD's and notes directly from him. 2nd CD 50% off the price.

I am not sure if anybody else made a similar expirience on last.fm but I would not mind if that happens more frequently... The 2nd CD is going to be a nice Christmas gift for a good friend that can and likes to play piano...
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 7, 2008 at 1:16 PM Post #2 of 15
No problem.
biggrin.gif

I love last.fm. They have this 'best of 2008 chart' and that's were I first noticed Fleet Foxes (and Bon Ivor) and it's really good. It's a nice way to see what you're listening to best of all: what other people are listening to.

Check my profile in my sig.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 7, 2008 at 7:33 PM Post #3 of 15
Last.fm is great. Quite intelligent too, once you listen for long enough. I've discovered several good artists through "My Recommendations."

EDIT: Maybe Head-fi should have a group or something?

Dec 7, 2008 at 8:49 PM Post #5 of 15
I love last.fm

I recently had to reinstall Windows on a fresh hard drive so I lost my iTunes library. Luckily I had SharePod on my iPod so I was able to transfer all my files to the new hard drive. I have yet to sync though, so I haven't scrobbled in the past several weeks, and I'll likely lose all my scrobbles for that period, which sucks. At least I have 40,000+ plays so this isn't a huge hit for me.

My last.fm is the music link in my signature, IIRC.

Dec 7, 2008 at 10:33 PM Post #6 of 15
Love it too. Been using it a few months. Have found some great artists, and its great to show people what you listen too. Nice to be able to log in at school and listen to full tracks in my library when I forget the D2 (rarely) (scrobbled to last.fm means I have them, so like a small version of my library at home!)

I drag and drop on the D2 so 50%+ of my plays aren't scrobbled, I just can't go back to syncing again though!

Matt

Dec 7, 2008 at 10:43 PM Post #7 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tridacnid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Last.fm is great. Quite intelligent too, once you listen for long enough. I've discovered several good artists through "My Recommendations."

EDIT: Maybe Head-fi should have a group or something?

There already is one! Check it here!

Dec 8, 2008 at 4:00 AM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There already is one! Check it here!

Thanks for letting us know... I've just joined as well!

Dec 8, 2008 at 4:15 AM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewsvt /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ditto!

Dec 8, 2008 at 9:46 PM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewsvt /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No problem! My link is in my sig and Baines you have a request.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back