Last chance
Oct 10, 2006 at 11:36 PM Post #211 of 235
Drawing for ASR’s DT880’s

The new owner of ASR’s pair of DT880’s

CONGRATULATIONS ANTIANT

Oct 11, 2006 at 12:31 AM Post #214 of 235
Congratulations chaps, I hope you have many hours of enjoyment with your winnings. You lucky sods.

And Afrikane, MEGAKUDOS 2U.

Oct 11, 2006 at 1:09 AM Post #215 of 235
Congrats
cool.gif

Oct 11, 2006 at 1:26 AM Post #216 of 235
Absolutely amazing. You read these threads, and you read about the winners. But it still never seems real. I guess I can't feel bummed about losing out on the RS-1 now!

I told my girlfriend, and she is finally excited that I will stop talking about headphones. Then I mentioned to her I will now need an amp. She is much less excited about my win now. Thanks so much to Afrikane and ASR. You have helped make two people very happy, and helped contribute a great deal of excitement and happiness to an entire community.

So far in my life the best headphones I have ever heard are SR-80s, which I own (for now.) Im a VERY excited.

Oct 11, 2006 at 1:51 AM Post #217 of 235
whoa...i'm still in shock...i saw a PM and thought it was for something else for a second then i saw the name LOL...i still can't believe it, i figured eh i'll try the draws, never thinking i'd win anything, HUGE thanks and appreciation goes out to Asr and Afrikane for this, i'm a complete noob when it comes to headphones so this will be great for me, i only own some senn hd555's, but i'm thinking like Coltrane i'd probably have to get an amp at some point as well, something i'm also new to...anyways congrats to coltrane and another thanks to asr and afrikane for doing this

Oct 11, 2006 at 2:18 AM Post #220 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by antiant
i'll probably be seen in the amplification forum at some point asking for help and looking over many reviews, i really don't know much, so it may force me to learn a few things
biggrin.gif

The wonderful world of amps
biggrin.gif
-see you 'round.

From what I own, DT-880+Micro Amp=
eggosmile.gif

Oct 11, 2006 at 2:20 AM Post #221 of 235
Ive already done a ton of searches. 99.9% of my listening is done trough an ipod. Ill need a dock line out too! I dont know much about amps either. I know they are expensive. (Im sure you all feel my pain
biggrin.gif
)

Will they sound terrible through an ipod? Or just nowhere as good as they could be? Any decisions on your end antiant?

thanks again Afrikane!

Oct 11, 2006 at 2:24 AM Post #222 of 235
Congrats to both winners!

Oct 11, 2006 at 2:34 AM Post #223 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltrane

Will they sound terrible through an ipod? Or just nowhere as good as they could be?

My main DAP is the ZV:M and my 880 don't sound bad, just not very loud and lacking dynamics as a result. I've read about many members using the popular $100 portable amps to drive the 880 but from my experience they need more power than what these lower cost amps can deliver. Neither my PA2v2 nor my Xin SuperMini have what it takes. I'm comparing those results to the performance of my Woo Audio tube amp (much more money)...although I continue to praise my Micro Amp @ $300.

As for portable amps, I think when you get into the $300+ range they deliver the goods and there are several to choose from.

Oct 11, 2006 at 2:35 AM Post #224 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltrane
Ive already done a ton of searches. 99.9% of my listening is done trough an ipod. Ill need a dock line out too! I dont know much about amps either. I know they are expensive. (Im sure you all feel my pain
biggrin.gif
)

Will they sound terrible through an ipod? Or just nowhere as good as they could be? Any decisions on your end antiant?

thanks again Afrikane!

You will definitely want an amp to hear them at their full potential. Nobody mentioned what impedence the 'phones were, but I'm assuming it's 250. I plan on buying a Little Dot II+ ($185 including shipping and insurance) once the K701's arrive. I was considering a portable amp, but realised they would never be used in a portable situation, so now I'm spending double what I wanted to spend on an amp.
tongue.gif

Once again, congrats to the two winners, and thanks to Afrikane for making the dreams of a few head-fiers and myself come true. You're the best!
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 11, 2006 at 3:22 AM Post #225 of 235
Indeed, congrats to both winners, hope you guys enjoy the headphones! The DT880 sounds best with tube amps, btw.
biggrin.gif

Also thanks to Afrikane for letting me team up in his giveaway and doing it much more smoothly than I would have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back