LASMEX L-85 vs X2 vs Hd 579 vs AD900x for gaming,music, and movies?
Oct 3, 2018 at 5:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

aceofpilots

New Head-Fier
I'm open to suggestions but i'm considering buying my first serious pair of open ear headphones for $200 or less.

I bought a pair of chi-fi SIVGA SV007 and those snapped on the headband so they're getting returned.

Edit: also considering the 58x and 6xx from massdrop

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2018 at 7:33 AM Post #2 of 5
My personal preference would be for the AD900X. The X2 is good but it has a more bass-centric signature, which makes it less ideal for gaming IMHO. Great stage, though. The HD579 is also good. Have not heard the Lasmex, personally, so cannot comment on that one, sorry.

Oct 3, 2018 at 11:48 PM Post #4 of 5
I have the 6XX and to me it has a more intimate stage and presentation and therefore for my money, is not ideal for gaming. That said, there is a subset of people on Head-fi that uses the 6XX for gaming. Maybe read about that and see what you think. I haven't yet heard the 58X so cannot comment on that one--sorry.

Oct 4, 2018 at 12:37 AM Post #5 of 5
I'm open to suggestions but i'm considering buying my first serious pair of open ear headphones for $200 or less.
I bought a pair of chi-fi SIVGA SV007 and those snapped on the headband so they're getting returned.
Edit: also considering the 58x and 6xx from massdrop
I picked up the HD58X a month ago, no regrets buying them :)
So if you can get them, go for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back