Lasmex L-85 headphones
Aug 24, 2016 at 1:55 PM Post #16 of 23
  Now that's a V-shaped FR on that B7...or is it a W? Anyway, it sounds like what I'm hearing with the L-85.

HTB1QnHFKFXXXXa9XFXXq6xXFXXXP.jpg

That graph is meaningless. Many companies that sell headphones with those beryllium drivers use the same graph. It is propably a graph offered by the company that makes the BE drivers. Graph is always the same on aliexpress. It doesn't matter if it is closed or open headphone etc... so pay no attention to that graph.

On some degree I can agree to that though. Msur n550's I have are definately very V shaped as stock but the is more to it. Beats etc are V-shaped but so is TH900. N550's are definately more in the audiophile class.

Sure, it  is irrelevant, when were talking about lasmex l85. The drivers are definately different. I just wanted to point out that the graph has nothing to do with lasmex and hardly anything to do with most of those chinese beryllum driver headphones, because nobody knows in which housing and with what pads etc were those driver measurements made.

Aug 24, 2016 at 6:46 PM Post #17 of 23
Hi everybody. For this wood version, a review and graphics are available here : http://kksk.blog.free.fr/index.php?post/Casque-Bois-B7-un-no-name-haut-de-gamme-tres-interessant

It's not done with professional equipments but it can give an idea how it sounds.

Aug 25, 2016 at 9:18 PM Post #18 of 23
Aug 26, 2016 at 1:19 AM Post #19 of 23
REMOVE NIHILISM

Oct 5, 2016 at 1:55 AM Post #21 of 23

Everything is meaningless, when you really think about it.

Man, this thread has gone from strength to strength. The frightening thing is that (inevitably) anyone from outside China searching for impressions re these cheap Massdrop cans will find themselves here - having experienced that phenomenon more than once I click on the link with trepidation. As a former owner of the Fidelio X1, the cans these were clearly modelled on, its disappointing to read that the sound doesnt measure up but not overly surprising given the asking price. Critical impressions - with or without graphs - arent meaningless and I appreciate the effort you've put into giving us some feedback.

Jan 16, 2018 at 1:49 PM Post #22 of 23
Was wondering if anybody else out there has bought or tried these. I'm very tempted.

Mar 30, 2018 at 12:43 PM Post #23 of 23
Was wondering if anybody else out there has bought or tried these. I'm very tempted.

I've had them for a while. Stock earpads are comfortable, clamp force is not too high for my XL head. Strong sub-bass, surprising considering they are semi-open. They are easy to drive. Very little distortion from what I can tell (sub-bass is unusually clean). They have a V-shaped sound signature - bass and treble are both higher than mids, but mids are clear and vocals sound good. I found the highs a bit fatiguing in extended listening and they've been languishing on my shelf for that reason. I'm currently experimenting with putting some foam discs behind the earpads (earpads are easy to remove), which seems to be doing a good job taming the highs, though I think it may boost the bass a bit more... I'll need to experiment to see what I think long term. The only comparable semi-open headphone with equivalent quality sub-bass that I've heard is the Roland RH-A30, which is a lot more expensive at $200. The Lasmex L-85 are an interesting headphone because of their price point. Only real competition are the other Chinese headphones built around the same headband such as the wood cupped Sivga headphones and the like (of which there are several different semi-open models, but I haven't heard them other than the Bosshifi B7 which has more bass than I personally like).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back